Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone got a good beach program for the Legend

I am an avid beach hunter. Living in Arkansas that comprises fresh water swimming beaches and much anticipated Caribbean vacations. I have detected for close to 50 years, both dirt and water. I can't say I never fell into the "make a program" to fit any special need. But over the years I do like everyone else finally does, I do what I feel is right for my hunting success, use what I have learned. My opinion on the subject of "programs" for hunting is that the hunter alters the program installed in the machine to make it better. The manufacturers of the machine when installing the program have made it as good as they feel it can be. Of course, you can tweak settings to overcome problems you encounter, but the core setting has been installed to fit the machine you are using. I usually run my machine "raw", meaning I don't tweak it very much or often. I change the sensitivity if needed, and that's about it. Remember, this is MY opinion and what works best for me. The engineers that install the programs on their machines have basically enhanced certain settings to fit the mode of operation. With multi-frequency machines like the Legend, Equinox, Deus, certain frequencies have been enhanced to help the operator find certain targets better, like gold and silver. Lower frequencies work better on some metals, higher on others. So, these are programmed into the mode you choose to hunt in. Salt water is addressed in the beach modes so as to compensate for it. Again, I have found that the sensitivity settings usually help me eliminate any problems. I am sure there are many folks that will disagree with me on my style, and that is understandable. The best advice I can give is use what works for YOU. As far as beach hunting, my system is simple. If I am searching on a well populated beach (number of people =number of targets) I use a simple search pattern. I am not looking for 2 ft deep targets, I look for shallower targets that have been recently lost. I have a hunting partner that will dig halfway to China for a penny. His style not mine. Yes, he sometimes finds a good ring in a deep hole, but I can cover another 50 ft of area while he is digging. My theory is, I want to be able to cover as much area as I possibly can (coverage of area yields more finds) and digging that 2 ft hole is taking too much of my time allotted to hunt. That is another thing about changing settings on the fly. Unless you completely understand the program you are using, you can just as easily negatively affect the program. The simple rules of detecting are basic, the coil has to go over the target for the machine to respond. Listen to what it is saying. It has been my experience; the machine does not lie. It is how the user responds to what the machine is telling you that determines the end result. Always trust your machine, it is the expert. My best advice for beach hunting, cover as much ground as possible, learn the language of your machine, and trust it. If I am searching, I am looking for targets that register a solid (constant repeatable) signal. Alloy metals will usually give some sort of inconsistent signal. I guess what I am saying. that works for me, is learn your machine. Never try to outguess it, never think you are smarter than it is, just listen and learn what it is saying. Long post, I apologize. Thanks, and HH

im from the uk,ill be running mine custum notched from 10 upwards,multi wet for the wet sand and multi dry for the dry sand,recovery at about 5 and sensitivity start about 22/24 then maybe go higher but im new to the legend so it will all depend on the beach im hunting as to how ill endup setting my machine,at the moment all our local beaches are sanded in so ill have to adjust my setting once some of the sand has gone.unless you have a beach that doesnt really change then you will need to adjust for the individual beach.heres a few examples.4 years ago the beast from the east hit the uk and stripped a lot of the beaches down to the clay so all the targets were sitting on or near the surface deepest targets less than 6" so fast recovery and medium sensitivty was needed,but over the last years the tides have brought all the sand back in and where i was diving in 8/9FT of water 2 years ago now toddlers are walking and the water only reaches their knees (8ft sand has being brought in ).
example 2,at the moment the sand is near the top of the sea wall but every year the coucil remove 2mtr of the sand so we are ready for the winter storms,how ever at the moment the sand looks just like any other beach (nice yellow clean sand with a few small rock pools ) but once they remove that top 2mtr then everything changes,instead of a nice yellow sand your now in or just above the black sand where all the good/old targets are so youll need to be able to pick between all the iron and detritus thats being there since forever.so youll need to play with the iron bias/ferro.what im trying to say is all beaches are different so my advise would be to your favorite beach watch to see if the sand has moved,if its deep sand all the time with no movement go with a notched 10 and above as you wont be looking for relics,slow recovery speed and high sensitivity ,audio gain may give you a bit more depth but then i think you may miss out on some targets.not sure if this has helped but good hunting