Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have a good way to set up deus 3.2. For US coins. In parks need deep type coin settings

C T,
I don't know what area of the country you are in, but your best bet is to get a copy of Andy's book.
He has some very good sample programs in it that will give you a good starting point.
Andy's book will explain what your adjustments will do to help in finding the good stuff in your ground.
Mineralization, EMI, trash, moisture and skill level will all effect what anyone can find.
There are a lot of knowledgeable members here that I'm sure will chime in with their best programs that work best in there area.
CZconnoisseur has the best luck and shows very good knowledge of the adjustments of the Deus in trashy ground for his area.
He posts his programs all the time when he posts his finds. do a search of his posts.
I hunt mostly relics, so I don't have a go-to program for coins.
Mostly I just use Basic 1 when I hunt parks for coins.

I know not any help here
Just thought I would give you a place to start.

GL&HH

HuntinDog said:
CZconnoisseur has the best luck and shows very good knowledge of the adjustments of the Deus in trashy ground for his area.
He posts his programs all the time when he posts his finds. do a search of his posts.
GL&HH

Agreed! :detecting:

Disc: 10
5 tones --> 202 (1-10), 470 (11-57), 800 (56-66), 644 (67-80), 800 (81+)
Sens: 90
TX Power: 2
Freq: 8k
Iron Vol: 1
Reactivity: 1
Silencer: 2
Audio Response: 5
Audio Overload: 1
Notch: 11-40
ID normalized

detectingMO said:
Disc: 10
5 tones --> 202 (1-10), 470 (11-57), 800 (56-66), 644 (67-80), 800 (81+)
Sens: 90
TX Power: 2
Freq: 8k
Iron Vol: 1
Reactivity: 1
Silencer: 2
Audio Response: 5
Audio Overload: 1
Notch: 11-40
ID normalized

I like this one. Well thought out

Before getting started on any programming - perform some air tests to see which frequency is "hottest" - I guarantee you will find one of them to edge out the other three frequencies on depth and sensitivity. Use period coinage in your tests - Indian head cents, war nickels, silver coins, etc. You will find that different coins"resonate" with different frequencies and you may find that one hits better on the silver while another freq. will light up nickels and smaller coins easier - hard to say which without doing the tests!

ID norm is set to 18 khz values which gives the least amount of spread for US coins, but 8 khz won't be as sensitive to smaller aluminum items and is a great freq for US coins.

The above program will make nickels a "high tone" along with copper pennies and silver coins. New zinc pennies may try to sneak in at 81-83 sometimes, but you can easily tell the tone difference between zincolns and copper pennies by conductivity. Some Indian cents will read as low as "75" in 18 khz - so if you're in an old enough area and get a deeper "zincoln" hit - should probably dig it up!

This is 5-tone audio and is great for coinshooting - personally I would add a "silver screamer" and eliminate the lower end of the spectrum for iron if you are solely interested in coins and jewelry...

Stick with this program but set up 5 tones in this manner:

470 Hz (00-57), 725 Hz (58-66), 644 (67-80), 725 Hz (81-91), 800 Hz (92-98 )

Since Disc = 10, and 11-40 is notched...you will get ZERO audio response from iron and small foil items (anything <40 VDI)while at the same time getting a better audio indicator of silver dimes and higher. You can notch iron out completely and NOT disc - and have the same effect with slightly more sensitivity to deeper items...but the choice is yours! It's better to start with something that's easy to understand and easy to adjust for site conditions and go from there...look forward to seeing how it works in the park and as always...we want pics! :thumbup: