Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone have a Sov nel yet?

Looks like the Nel coils are now available for Sovereigns. Anyone try one yet? Im thinking of getting a Tornado.

I dont but i sure like the design. My only concern would be with how close the send and receive coils are say the hunter..... to much sensitivity and you might over whelm the receive coil making them chatty. Not a bad price but you have to add $25 shipping. With the SEF getting hard to find they may well be worth getting. BUT.... their web site .... i couldnt find specific info on the coils. Am i missing something? Id at least like to know the size of the coils and IF they are water proof.... dont assume they are.

Dew

The SEF coils are great for the Sovereign but getting harder to find.At this point in time the Sovereign user should shop around for coils,because they are all going to get more difficult to find.

Ron from Michigan said:
The SEF coils are great for the Sovereign but getting harder to find.At this point in time the Sovereign user should shop around for coils,because they are all going to get more difficult to find.

That's some of the best advice right there:cheers:

One of the best detectors made, and they aren't making them anymore, grab what you can if your a fan of this detector.....I am:biggrin:

Two Good Friends of Mine bought the TORNADO Coils, and THEY are a HEAVIER Coil Compared to the GARRETT 11" AT-Pro Coil, and the MINELAB Stock PRO-Coil!! This is
what my Friends told Me!! Les Robinson.

Another thing to remember is us guys using xcals will use a sov coil. They are cheaper options than sending them in for repair.

NamVetLesTreasureSeeker said:
Two Good Friends of Mine bought the TORNADO Coils, and THEY are a HEAVIER Coil Compared to the GARRETT 11" AT-Pro Coil, and the MINELAB Stock PRO-Coil!! This is
what my Friends told Me!! Les Robinson.

Do you mean the NEL Tornado coils or the Minelab Sov Tornado coil? The AT pro coil and stock minelab pro coil are both pretty light. The at pro coil suffers from bad balance, the ears are mounted to far back on the coil. It would have been sweet if minelab had made the tornado coils in the shell of the pro coils.....

I sent Ron an email inquiring price and availability on the sharp coil

after reading the data it looks like the NEL tornado is 590g and the sunray s-12 and SEF 10x12 arw both around 490. The nel is slightly bigger than both of those. I found a 10x12 from a forum member so im set. THanks for the advise. Kellyco was out of ultimate 13 and 10x12 coils but they said they had 5 10x12s on order. Golddigger metal detectors said he should be getting Nel tornado, attack, today and already had hunters. If I hadent found the Sef I would have gone nel tornado. He was good to deal with on the phone.

Ron gave me a price on the nel Sharp today so its good to know they are making the smaller coils, I don't think Sunray is making them anymore.......minelab might be because of the excel, but they never made anything like the S5. I know its a specialty coil but it can make great finds in the right spots.

Neil is NEL making an 8"? Not much info on the site ..... like are they ALL waterproof? Some countries think waterproof and water resistant are the same thing. With Joe working on giving us the ability to swap coils on the Xcal some will find the Sov coils just the ticket.

Dew