Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have any experience with the Lorenz LDX3?

FrankMD

Its expensive and pretty sophisticated. Unit has LCD dispaly, dual ground balance, etc.s Here is an exerpt from the Lorenz website:

"The Pulse GBS (Pulse Ground Balancing System) is suitable for searching at depth and specially designed electronics cancel out signals from the ground. The LORENZ DEEPMAX X3 is therefore a reliable tool to locate metal objects even with extreme soil and environmental conditions. A new improved circuit design suppresses a range of interference from power lines or radio transmitters and a power pulse technique produces very accurate signals to obtain considerable detection depths.
The LORENZ DEEPMAX X3 works with two different ground cancel filters. It has an extended depth capability for non ferrous metal objects and it is capable of identifying metal objects employing the two different target identifications.

The Pulse Ground Balancing System GBS performs well because of the time delay between the transmitting and receiving phase. The high transmitting power is a fundamental advantage and makes operation with very large search coils possible. Because of its active working principle a high sensitivity range for both ferrous- and non- ferrous metal objects is achieved."

http://www.lorenzmetaldetectors.co.uk/products/deepmax/index.php

Hi Frank,

Certainly looks impressive, but I am not familiar with the unit and I have not heard of anyone that has one.

Eric.

There was the start of a report on one of the German forums mentioning the use of time delay of eddy currents to indicate on the 0-99 LCD display small non ferrous, large non ferrous or ferrous, though this could only be achieved with the use of the double D induction balance coil .
Never saw the promised "in field" test. Another case of "what happened?" as with the Deepers 7 test that was going to be posted on this forum withing a few days about two years back.
I always think it means that a machine has not come up to expectations and the early buyer thinks I had better get rid before the news gets out or am I just a cynic ?