Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have any feed back on 8.5 coil?

C.J.M.

Anyone have any feed back on simplex 8.5 d.d. VS. 9.5" x 5"d.d. simplex coil? Looking which one is better for coin and jewelry hunting in trashy area's:shrug:Thanks cjm

The 8.5 is deeper by about 1 1/2-2" on a coin sized target.
For coin and jewelry I like the 9.5x5", quicker to pinpoint.

Saw on you-tube where the 8.5 coil will only work on simplex that has the 2.77 up grade ,but no problem with the 9.5" x 5"??? Is this right:shrug:

8.5 round is my favoured coil on the Simplex. Improved separation, easier to pin-point and doesn't sacrifice much depth over the stock coil.

Well ,no answer from Simplex dealership?Still need to know can I use the 8.5 coil if I have the regular 2.68 simplex:shrug::nerd: You tube information said only up grades which have the upgrades 2.77 or 2.76 can used the 8.5 coil:look::shrug:What say YE ???

Well ,no answer from Simplex dealership?Still need to know can I use the 8.5 coil if I have the regular 2.68 simplex:shrug::nerd: You tube information said only up grades which have the upgrades 2.77 or 2.76 can used the 8.5 coil:look::shrug:What say YE ???
No you cannot use the SP22 or SP24 with 2.68 it can ruin the machine and void the warranty, I use version 2.77 and love it, upgrade your machine , I have all three coils but generally keep the SP24 on all the time.

No you cannot use the SP22 or SP24 with 2.68 it can ruin the machine and void the warranty, I use version 2.77 and love it, upgrade your machine , I have all three coils but generally keep the SP24 on all the time.
Can you tell me where you got this information.Several Simplex dealers say there is no such thing as ruining the 2.68 detector :shrug:

The 8.5 is deeper by about 1 1/2-2" on a coin sized target.
For coin and jewelry I like the 9.5x5", quicker to pinpoint.
Yo bro. what's your feed back on the Simplex 2.68 being unable to use the 8.5"or 9.5"coils:shrug::nerd:

Well,finally heard from the TOP BRASS NOKA MAKRO and you were RIGHT Voyager :thumbup::clapping: So all those dealers were wrong:shocked:.Now guess I will keep it since its New :shrug:

Still having a problem trying to understand why when I purchased this new 2.68 Simplex you could purchase a Nel or cor's 9.5"x 5" d.d. coil?Now Nokta says you cannot use their new coils unless you up grade tp 2.77 or 2.78? What exactly to you gain with all this upgrades is it just depth?I noticed this forum has the same coil for sale.:shrug::nerd: