Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ANYONE HAVE ANY FEEDBACK ON THE TESORO MAYAN

C.J.M.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Tesoro Mayan detector unable to find anything on you tube:shrug:what is the khz frequency,i think it comes with a small coil?Appreciate any feed back on this detector

The Mayan is 12 kHz and came with a 7" concentric search coil.

Mayan Treasure Manual

Attachments

• tesoro_mayan_english.pdf
    241.5 KB · Views: 323
The Tesoro Mayan was one of my favorite VLF/TR-Disc. detectors. As mentioned, it operated at 12 kHz and came and came standard with a 7" concentric coil. When introduced I used both the Mayan and the similar configured Inca, and really only had one complaint about the Mayan. That was the fact that it, like the inca, have the controls on the left side and being right-handed I would periodically bumper control on my right thigh or hip and change a setting, such as discrimination. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable TR Disc. model to use.

One of the benefits of owning a Mayan is that it shares all of the more commonly used model search coils, such as for an inca, all of the Silver Sabers, all of the Bandidos series, all of the Golden Saber series, or the Pantera, Cutlass series, Conquistador, Mojave, and the list goes on .....

Monte

Hey CJM, did you buy it? It sure looks interesting. I thought about bidding on one here lately but I have too many already.

I purchased my first detector (original Tesoro El Dorado) back in 1987 from a metal detector dealer in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was a nugget-shooter using the original Fisher Gold Bug and his wife loved swinging her Tesoro Mayan. He had trays of gold nuggets he had found in NW Arizona and she found many nice relics poking around the old mining camps :>)