Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have feedback on whites 6000 di pro sl:shrug:

C.J.M.

Can anybody :help:with this feedback as to how this unit works,also settings to start with.Also the all around usage of this unit/Thank you

In my opinion possibly one of the best machines that Whites have ever made,the analogue screen is very very accurate,just a joy to use,hard to find a superb example as folks dont tend to sell them......they can command top money especially here in the UK.One of my all time favourite detectors,may be getting on but its not about how they look but how they perform and the 6000 performs supremely well !!

I had the 6000Di Pro and 6000Di Pro Plus back when they were new. The black SL version deleted the GEB MAX mode and added signal balance to fine tune the receive circuits. It and the smaller Pro XL are the best analog 6.59 kHz units to come out of Sweethome. I bought the Eagle 2 SL 90.5 with signal balance when the SL line was released. These machines love silver & copper coins, they are well suited to cherry picking. You will want a small 5 or 6" coil if you are in the trash as the recovery of these older units between targets or in proximity of iron with the stock 950 coil doesn't compete in trash with the todays fast recovery detectors with a stock 10 or 11' coil. That smaller concentric coil can see well in heavy trash. For extended hunts I liked the hip mount conversion but it did tangle in heavy brush. The biggest drawback to these IMHO was the lack of tone ID from the factory. That's something I gained going to the Whites Eagle.
Good luck with it!

I'm prolly a bit late to chime in here but as my signature says, this has been my favorite machine in 40
years of dirt fishin! Spot on TID and DEEP! The 1909 VDB I found was with this machine but I no longer
even mention how deep it was 'cause no one ever believed me! Been too long to give set up instructions
or advice to anyone but did I mention it is DEEP?? LOL If they could put THAT machine in a "Cell phone
on a stick" platform or T2/F75 type set up, NO BRAINER! It would be my next machine!

I have a grate 6000 Di, I just can't use it much any more. Like you said if it could loose about 2Lb. it would be the next best thing. I had to have neck work and just can't carry it much any more.