Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have the pinout for the coil connector on a Minelab CTX 3030?

yeah that would be nice wire up some etrac coils must have been reading my mind but I have no idea what those sockets are called or wiring details sure someone has had a crack at it surely ??

AJ

amberjack said:
yeah that would be nice wire up some etrac coils must have been reading my mind but I have no idea what those sockets are called or wiring details sure someone has had a crack at it surely ??

AJ

I was told the it is not just the connector, but the coil is "different" on the CTX 3030 coils compared to the Explorer series coils and they could not be interchanged.
Is this true or just a different connector for the waterproof CTX?

Thanks!
Jeff

I don't know Jeff is the short answer...

the medium answer is there has been no after market coils other than a coiltek 10 x 5 which would have been minelab approved and nothing sense I think coiltek and minelab may have had a bit of a falling out anyway none of the eastern European company's have made any and that could be because they got a very threatening letter from minelab or they don't want to spend money cracking the as you say code.

the long answer is someone knows and they are not telling but I am surprised no one has cracked a ctx coil apart to see what's in there or tried a plug on an etrac coil to see what happens , bit out of my league and I have other little projects on the go and maybe the ctx has about lived its life with me I have more testing to do on the Russian detectors before I decide anyway sure someone out there knows something who haven't signed their life away to minelab :buds:

AJ