Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have this problem ?

John 'n' W.Va

I went to the beach and my f-70 won't gb. I know how to gb it on the beach. Came home and the same thing happened. It stays on 90. Of course, no depth. changed batteries, ck cable, etc. Everything else works. It is my favorite detector. Any suggestions?

if that does not work call FT for a send in. oops do you have a different coil to try.......before send in.

Do a factory reset? Since everything else works, I doubt theres anything mechanically or electrically wrong...just one of those flukes I hope...I guess also trying the HZ shift may do something...I know we try all of the buttons we can trying to straighten something out...sometimes I get mine all scrambled up by accidentally hitting notch buttons, and all sorts of other things so I just factory reset and everythings cool. Good Luck, let us know.
Mud

I had already tried most of the things suggested. At my age I can do stupid things. So today I carefully went over all your suggestions again. It resets fine to factory default. All #'s look good. Still gb at 90 only. Hz shift did not help. Different program did not help. Different coil did not help. Cable screws down with tight fit. New batteries. ON off volume fine. I can pick up my car at 2" only. I actually went through a mild depression and denial for a few weeks hoping I would turn it on and all would be OK. Reality is finely sinking in. I'm done for.

John, the F70 can balance all the way to salt but it sounds like you're doing it wrong. Please read page 13 of the user's manual. If you lost your paper copy, you can find the manual online on the Fisher website.

Meanwhile........ if you can pick up your (metal?) car at only two inches when you'd expect to get a beep up to several feet away, the problems have nothing to do with balancing to salt, they're something else-- either in the machine (including possibly the searchcoil), or in the way you're using it.

What do you get in an "air test" on a nickel?

--Dave J.

Dave J. said:
John, the F70 can balance all the way to salt but it sounds like you're doing it wrong. Please read page 13 of the user's manual. If you lost your paper copy, you can find the manual online on the Fisher website.

I know how to go to auto tune to gb in salt. I do a lot of detecting on the beach. I have lived in Fl for over 20 years and have lots of family there.
I have quick access to my manual in a file with other important detecting info.

Meanwhile........ if you can pick up your (metal?) car at only two inches when you'd expect to get a beep up to several feet away, the problems have nothing to do with balancing to salt, they're something else-- either in the machine (including possibly the searchcoil), or in the way you're using it.

Salt gb is not the problem. I have changed the coils. The pins look good. I have hand fulls of minnies and gold rings. I must be doing something right. I started detecting with a bf in the 60's. Although the older I get the dumber I get.

What do you get in an "air test" on a nickel?

Discrimination mode will not pick up a nickle in factory settings. Auto tune will pick it up at 2".

--Dave J.

I would probably make a good tester for a detectors durability. When I am not working I can log 50 hours a week detecting. I always take a plastic bag with me when I go into the woods in case it rain to protect the electronics. I'm sure the caves didn't help. I haven't worked in a while but start back Monday. I will have to get it fixed. After a check or two I will be sending it in to get fix. I was probing at first to make sure I didn't miss something.

I really appreciate every ones responses.