Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone hunting in the all metal program on the Impact?

Low-Boy/LCPM

That is all I hunt with and am wondering if I am missing anything with the other programs. It seems the all metal for me is very deep with two tones. If you use disc all it does is let you set it to where you will hear the iron tone. It won't hinder my depth. Seems to do great in iron also. Any input from you users? Wish they would let me have access to iron volume on that program and split the iron to one side of the headphone and the tone to the other. I think they are not really going to do some major updates for this machine.

There is a new detector they have coming out not the $6000 dollar machine but a lower end that may replace the impact. Can't find any new info on how it is setup and what freq and what it can do. Thinking about the nox 800 or maybe getting a new deus to use with the impact. I really love the impact and found my first gold coin after 18 years of looking for one.

Are you referring to the anfibio? The new waterproof machine? This one is under the nokta flag.

I hunt in all metal with the impact and find it to be a great setting ,you wont be loosing any depth and it gives really good feed back,i liken it to a old sailing ship :wiggle: it moans and groans but when it finds that good signal in amongst that ion litter it certainly lets you know ,i do a lot of walking looking for old miners camps and being in all metal is the way to go and when you start getting iron targets your close,have you got your nox 800 yet,i got one the other day and am in the process of trying it out ,one thing that stands out is its lighter but no where as comfortable as the impact because its nose heavy and i really feel it in my shoulder ,the main reason i got it was for the river detecting,good luck out there :ausflag:

That's 'morning' as in AM ... and AM as in All Metal.

tigermoth said:
I hunt in all metal with the impact and find it to be a great setting ,you wont be loosing any depth and it gives really good feed back,i liken it to a old sailing ship :wiggle: it moans and groans but when it finds that good signal in amongst that ion litter it certainly lets you know ...
Even with the old BFO's I built to get started in March of '65, or the factory produced BFO's and then conventional TR's that were called Metal/Mineral Locators in the early days, you would tune for a proper audio Threshold [size=small](or motor-boat like putting with BFO's)[/size] in the Metal function, then maintain a uniform coil-to-ground relationship and search away. They alerted you to both ferrous and non-ferrous targets that were within their detection range. They were 'All Metal' locators.

When VLF, a Ground Balancing All Metal mode, was developed in '74/'75 for hobby-based detectors, we could then hunt in a conventional All Metal mode and hear it all without and ground effect changes like with the former BFO and TR or TR-Disc. models. That made it much easier to search wide-open areas to find any metallic target. Quickly they added a selectable TR-Disc. mode to provide some Discriminating capability to help classify good targets from typical junk targets. In '78 we got our first VLF-Disc. or motion-based Discriminate mode in the very brisk-sweep design, and in '82 and '83 we saw our first slow-motion/quick-response models for motion-based Discriminate mode searches. But most of the better Discrimination units, with TR-Disc., VLF-Disc. or both of those modes, also provided us a traditional VLF or All Metal search mode without Discrimination as we knew it.

For me, it was easy to transition from BFO's to TR's to TR-Disc. operation and then to the Ground Balanced VLF [size=small](All Metal)[/size] function, and on to what we have today, various search modes, and every make and model detector in my Regular-Use 'Team' provide me an automated and/or manually Ground Balanced All Metal search mode feature. I still use it often.

The Nokta Impact has a few All Metal mode offerings, but my favorite in the GEN mode [size=small](All Metal)[/size] that allows me to use my preferred Disc. setting of '20' to get an audible alert that I have encountered some ferrous metal object.

tigermoth said:
... i do a lot of walking looking for old miners camps and being in all metal is the way to go and when you start getting iron targets your close,
In more open areas I also use the conventional Threshold-based All Metal mode to search for any metal object, and with some models I'll use an All Metal Accept or Zero Disc. motion-based Discriminate mode search.

tigermoth said:
have you got your nox 800 yet,i got one the other day and am in the process of trying it out ,one thing that stands out is its lighter but no where as comfortable as the impact because its nose heavy and i really feel it in my shoulder
I've tinkered with one, but have absolutely no interest in owning any Equinox model. My current detector battery has all the bases covered for my typical day-to-day hunting needs with units that are well balanced and provide me exceptional performance in dense iron contaminated sites, butter known as 'unmasking capability.' Also in side-by-side comparisons, I have achieved a bit better detection depth with a smaller-size search coil and easy yet adjustable features for very good performance. And the Impact w/7" Concentric coil was one model I used in my side-by-side comparisons.

tigermoth said:
... the main reason i got it was for the river detecting,good luck out there :ausflag:
Some folks in Ausieland might have a little more biased for a Malaysian-made detector for the :ausflag: company, but here in the good old :usaflag: I have preferred, as have many others, the field performance of the waterproof Turkish-made Makro Multi-Kruzer or Kruzer for Water Hunting applications. But if any particular make or model works OK for someone, that's fine. I just enjoy the feel and comfort of the Nokta and Makro devices that work well for me.

I enjoy All Metal mode hunting quite often in select locations, and the Impact offers a variety of searches in All Metal. Best of success to you.

Monte

you have seen a lot of technology changes in your time Monte and thanks for your informative post,my
how things change ,I am very happy with the impact and just recently sold my AT Pro,minelab is not my favorite detector when it comes to vlf but when the $ are right i can be persuaded ,I find your posts most interesting ,I was in Oregon / Portland this time last year and my nokta was waiting for me at my sons place to be unpacked and brand new,I managed to find some clad coins and a ornate little spoon but only managed to detect a couple of house yards,I would have loved to get out to the country side and detect but time was short and i will be back one day to complete my dream .Cheers for now Bazza

I hunt 99 % of the time in deep mode and DI 99. The deep mode is just superb. DI 99 is super fast the tones tell me what is the coin underground once learned. Programs for programs sake maybe with this machine just too many to choose from :)

NO the impact but now they are making machines too fast. I think the impact is still one of the best they made

I also like the Impact's feel and balance, and with the 7" Concentric coil it is a terrific general-purpose detector for many users.

When I get this neck brace removed and can drive next month I might make a cross-state drive to the Portland metro area for a couple of days of Coin Hunting, weather permitting. It won't be long before late fall and wintery weather will be too clod, or white, to go hunt many of the ghost towns here in Eastern Oregon I enjoy. Been working on lower elevation sites to hunt.

Best of success to you with the Impact.

Monte

As you know, the Impact gives the consumer a choice of four Threshold-based All Metal mode, but my favorite was the GEN mode. I have four Nokta /Makro's, three White's, two Tesoro's and one Teknetics .. currently .. in my detector outfit. They all compliment each other with some models performing somewhat similar and others differently. One thing I have found over the past decade or so with more 'digital circuitry' designed models is that many of them do not get the best depth in the Threshold All Metal mode. Some match or exceed the All Metal mode depth in one or more motion-based Discriminate modes. This is true with some of the Nokta/Makro devices as well, and a lot depends upon the ground mineral conditions and settings used for the search code being compared.

I used to hunt a lot in the All Metal mode, but not so much in more recent years, and again, it depends on the settings, the coil, and the site environment we work, and where I usually go, All Metal mode would drive most people nuts!

Monte

I hunted in Gen mode while I had my Impact. It didn't false like the other modes do. Now I have the Multi Kruzer and Gen mode is all metal with no disc. I like it though. I do miss the Impact Gen mode.

Rick

Impact Gen mode is killer nothing like that