Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone in Lower Michigan have a DeepTech Vista Gold...?

Diggin-it

The more I watch videos on this particular machine, the more I am intrigued. Thing is I have a very specific hunting environment I would use it for...freshwater dry and damp sand of the shores of Lake Michigan. I currently use an AT-Pro and an XP Deus, which have served me well and have found micro gold...but it was Very shallow when found. I also had a CTX-3030, but it absolutely did not see the micro under any conditions so I got rid of it. All 3 mentioned machines are great for different purposes, not dogging on any. I am just hoping to possibly increase my odds of finding more micro gold, on the beaches. A PI machine is out of the question as to much iron up here. The XP Deus does very well for finding targets in iron...but from the videos it looks like not only can the Vista Gold pick them out even better...but at greater depth?!? One paper...or rather on video, the Vista Gold looks like it might be the machine to fill the specific need...but still leary as I purchased 4 high end detectors last year spending a LOT of money and none performed to the standard I hoped for. Is there anyone in Southeast/Southwest Lower Michigan that has one of these Vista Gold units?? I really feel I must see one in person before throwing down the cash again for a detector I've never seen perform in real life. One more question to those who have these units...would it be possible like others have done with other units...to enclose the control box in a waterproof box, for shallow wading??

Wow...no one in Lower Michigan has one of these units?? I simply can not buy one without seeing one in person. I have read some comments on other forums about not so happy customers. I want to see and judge that for myself.