Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know the history of the CZ line of detectors?

John Fla

I had the CZ5, later the CZ70 and then then the CZ3d. Curious when they were made and discontinued.

Today I got a real life flashback. I had an elderly friend just give me a near mint CZ5. It was wonderful trying it out again and brought back great memories. I am in South Florida, mostly sand and no mineralization so the CZ detectors give the most accurate target ID at their max depth. The first day out with my original 1990s CZ5 snagged me an Indian penny at 11 inches under an old oak tree at Bryant Park in Lake Worth.

Fisher CZ detectors first came out with the CZ 6 with the pigtail in early 90's
Then they went with CZ 6a without the pigtail.
Then the CZ 5.
In the early 2000's the digital models came out but not as deep as the analog detectors
CZ 7, CZ 7a.
The CZ 3d is an analog detector and still in production I believe

Then the CZ 5.
In the early 2000's the digital models came out but not as deep as the analog detectors
CZ 7, CZ 7a.
The CZ3d is now out of Production. No longer being made. Discontinued!!!
Great machine for its time.Still have mine and gets 11.3 inches
on a dime Confirmed by T. Dankowski.
silverseeker2

Thanks guys. My profile says that I am a new member. Not really... I just have not been active for a few years on the forum.

Then the CZ 5.
CZ 7, CZ 7a.
I thought the CZ5 was the first one.

I had the CZ5, later the CZ70 and then then the CZ3d. Curious when they were made and discontinued.

Today I got a real life flashback. I had an elderly friend just give me a near mint CZ5. It was wonderful trying it out again and brought back great memories. I am in South Florida, mostly sand and no mineralization so the CZ detectors give the most accurate target ID at their max depth. The first day out with my original 1990s CZ5 snagged me an Indian penny at 11 inches under an old oak tree at Bryant Park in Lake Worth.
Its a detector design over 30 years old with some stiff competition both featurewise and on prices, and I hear rumors Fisher is working on a new model, the CZX built like a F-75. You can still find the CZ 3D online and the CZ-21 is listed by FRL too. (The 2 deepest divers are the CZ21 and the Excal and my CZ is deeper with an 8" than a Excal with a 10" and I like the no motion pinpoint and manual ground balance too.) Fisher came out with multi freq in the '70's but could not find a way to use it for lack of technology and did not patent it (and George Payne and the Whites renegades were forming Teknetics so he was not available.) Late '80's FRL & ML were working on dual freq units and ML patented it and FRL was grandfathered in. Today it seems everyone makes one. (But Teknetics did not make the first TID detector, any guesses?:biggrin:

Then the CZ 5.
CZ 7, CZ 7a.
On the contrary my 7A & 70Pro (and the latest 3D) from NASA Tom are as deep, 11 to 12 inches; and 3 friends digital units are similar and that is a good sample size. The electronics improved inside if nothing else. But I'd love to hear your reason for saying that: anecdotal, or gossip. (I wonder how competent some people are: I run into people that cannot setup a simple detector much less ground balance it, and some have been hunting 30 years. Its not rocket science. (And it was more than the pigtail: the loop connector in the housing and connectors on the loops were changed out from the 6 to 6A as they were found to wear out prematurely.)

Reactions: tvr