Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know the value of a Teknetics 9000

cyber1one

Hello Teknetics Users: Can anyone give me some idea as to the value of a Teknetics 9000 coin computer?
Or have I just bought an antique?
Any help would be appreciated!

200 250 it's pretty old late 80's if I remember correctly.Is that the black and Grey one....Saw one somewhere on a Whites Rod...

But a damn good one that is still used with success today. AS long as it runs well you have a super analoge coin hunter......
I wouldn't mind having a nice one in my collection...
HH,
Bill

I still use my Tek 9000 and it still finds silver. I have used it for so long, I prefer it over my White's XLT. It was ahead of its time when it came out. The 'B' model has the first audio pitch for each different metal, coin, ect. It drove me crazy until it clicked, and made sense. I don't even look at the meter to know when I have a coin.

I have one. The 9000 was my first digital display detector. I sold my original one a long time ago, but bought the new one just to have it. If anyone needs a manual, I have one. I got the original typed manual, from Teknetics, complete with hand written corections. I digitized it and added photos. If you'd like a copy, let me know.

Bob

Bob,

I have an old Teknetics 9000. If you would please send me a copy of your manual, I'd sure appreciate it. Please email it to: [email subject="9000 manual"]jeffbkerner@yahoo.com[/email]

Also, does anyone know where to find replacement search coils? During a recent move, one of the movers 'moved' my 9000 out of the way, so he could stack another box. He dropped it & broke the plastic tab on top of the coil, right where the coil meets the boom. I've tried epoxying it several times, but the joint just wont hold.

Jeff

I'll go you one better. I have a Red Mark 1 which is maybe the best coin machine ever. It is a nickle magnet.

There's a guy in our club that uses a Teknetics Condor and month after month he makes great finds. He claims he digs coins 12" deep and that the tones are so good he can tell what coins are what, silver from clad, gold, etc. If he didn't bring all his great loot to the show n tell every month, I'd think he was crazy, but as they say the proof is in the pudding.

Hi Bob!! I have an old Teknetics 9000 too. I was trying to find the manual but i dont have luck with it. If you would please send me a copy of your manual like Jeff, I'll aprecciate so much!!

Please email it to: rodrigozamalloa@gmail.com

Thank you a lot!

Just found this forum. I am interested if the person is still around that can tell a coin before it is dug merely by listening. I have the same ability with the 9000B
(predecessor of the Condor) and would like to make contact

Manybtimesnto coil tabs are repairable with pvc some serious glue and patience

nice read on this thread and confirms my experience also that knowing a machine is more important than what machine can't buy experience hey :poke:

Fast motion machines, worked anywhere even salt. They were not depth demons but great machines. Those and mark ones still best tone and target ID and yes there was a slight difference in clad and silver coins. Todays digital machines costing thousands can't do it. Had a friend with a Mark One that cherry picked confederate buttons from an old park.

Hi Bob,
I have a 9000 as well and would love a copy of the manual if you still have it. I love mine, I haven’t used this one enough to always know the tone. I bought it last year and It’s been great around the barn when customers drop there keys etc in the shavings. It’s better than my new Fisher in my opinion, I also have a Minelab, coinmaster and I bought a high end one made in Japan that is to complicated for m[video][/video]e to get used to unless I were to use it everyday. Thank you and all the guys that have shared wisdom thru the years about their detectors with tips, tricks and great common sense. I love this coin computer 9000 it’s great enough that I stopped using the others. I have taken the others with me to see how they compare and the 9000 never gives false reads and discriminates the crap out. The minelab is great at the beach but other than that I’d trade them all for the Teknetics Xl 9000 coin computer. I never guessed this one would work so well. I bought it from a older guy(I’m 51) in his late 70’s for $100 and he is still planning to go out with me an impart some wisdom. He had taken great care of it, it looks like it’s new.( it didn’t have rechargeable batteries but other than that it looks like new) I was surprised it was in such good condition. He said he used plastic head covers for the coil and washed it if he took it to the beach immediately after finishing. Thanks again Bob, Michael

In the 80's I bought 2 9000's. I loved them. Found hundreds of coins and other relics. I gave my last one to my brother in-law and a few months ago he said it died. I went on a search for another one and found one on Ebay and one on CL. I bought both. Both of them suffered with the 14 battery clips being loose and when I did get them somewhat working they didn't work right. I couldn't detect a coin 3" above the coin and the sounds were scratchy and not right. The ebay one I sent back but the CL one he wouldn't take back. I threw it in the trash.

I guess their time has come and gone so now I'm looking for a T2+ To buy for him to use when we go hunting.

I have one. The 9000 was my first digital display detector. I sold my original one a long time ago, but bought the new one just to have it. If anyone needs a manual, I have one. I got the original typed manual, from Teknetics, complete with hand written corections. I digitized it and added photos. If you'd like a copy, let me know.

Bob
Hey Bob, Can you send me a copy of your 9000 manual, I gave my Teknetics Hawk to my Dad, but he might need a manual to help figure it all out. Since these are similar or maybe even identical machines. My email is bar3acres@gmail.com

Bob,

I have an old Teknetics 9000. If you would please send me a copy of your manual, I'd sure appreciate it. Please email it to: [email subject="9000 manual"]jeffbkerner@yahoo.com[/email]

Also, does anyone know where to find replacement search coils? During a recent move, one of the movers 'moved' my 9000 out of the way, so he could stack another box. He dropped it & broke the plastic tab on top of the coil, right where the coil meets the boom. I've tried epoxying it several times, but the joint just wont hold.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, did you get a copy of the 9000 manual ? If you did, can you send it to me ? Thanks. bar3acres@gmail.com

Nice to hear your still rocking Brian.... hhricknmi