Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone know what this is ? It has inside threads in all openings.Found at 1900's farm house site.

Wild guess ................... Maybe old wall gas lamp.parts

Thanks Elton for your suggestion. The more I look at this thing now the more it looks like a gas valve of some sort.

Longbone, this looks like a gas union. As old as it is I don't know but all gas unions
have left hand threads. First try to determine that. Second, I am almost positive
that that is what it is as water unions use a much larger thread. The "down spout"
would have been to service the heater or applicance in one room while the
"straight through service" behind the down spout would have been the service from
your tank, then feed that appliance and the straight through service would have
piped gas on to the next room or next applicance.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>in to (union) out to next appliance>>>>>>>>>>
V
V
(down spout)
********to service appliance in that room

If you look closely inside the left side and right side you can see what is left of the copper service pipe.