Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know where i can get a new battery pack for my Sov xs-2

deepdiger60

I just got my new still in box Sov XS-2 Pro never used and it did come with a 550 meter brand new but i have Ron,s meter to put in it,s place , it did come with a Tornado 10 inch coil instead of a BBS coil brand new , i charged the battery supplied with the detector over night it seems fine fully charged , what i need is another pack i can put 8 battery,s in to as a back up supply, it seems very difficult to find i looked , if anyone has one i will gladly buy it .Thanks for any help . HH Jim
PS it cost with shipping 397.00 and works beautiful i like the S shaft to i hip mount so the shaft is very lite .

Thanks for the site now i just need the plastic case that inserts in the box made by minelab . Jim

deepdiger60 said:
Thanks for the site now i just need the plastic case that inserts in the box made by minelab . Jim

What plastic case are you referring to... an alkaline battery pack or the cover that holds the rechargable battery pack in the detector?

It's been a while since I've owned a Sovereign XS-2... but if I recall correctly, you are in need of a small circuit board and two four cell AA battery packs to make a replaceable AA alkaline battery pack for your Sovereign.

-NEBeachcomber

The rechargeable pack that Minelab made was a plastic pack and had 10 AAA cells in them, so AA cells wouldn't work for it. What Minelab made for the XS2 and the XS2a for a spare pack was the 2 AA packs that hold 4 alkalines each to get the 12 volts needed to run the Sovereigns. So you had 8 batteries total and the 2 packs were held together with what looks like a circuit board that has 2 contacts on it that is held to the 2 springs by the battery door.
The XS used a plug in battery which had a wire that plugged into the rechargeable battery and the alkaline pack was also a plugged in pack that used the 2 alkaline packs that held 4 batteries each and connected with 1 wire that plugged into the Sovereign. I switched over one of the XS2 I had to the older style packs as Batteries Plus used to make batteries for the XS, but not the XS2.

Rick