Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone lose their scoop? (West Coast Fl)

Dig

Hey Everyone! I am posting for a buddy of mine who, while hunting one of Sarasota's beaches found and dug up a metal detecting scoop.....talk about an odd find. Being the nice guy that he is, he asked that I post asking if someone on here might be the culprit. This scoop is pretty easy to identify so if you PM me with a description and a location as to which beach it was lost on, he will return it to you.

That's good of your buddy to try and return it to who lost it. Most of the guy's detecting around here wouldn't do that! I've seen them finds rings they could of returned and don't greedy bastards:thumbdown:

Hey Dig, I remember a post from earlier this year about one of our guys dang near drowning and losing a scoop in the process...cant remember who, but he said he had to drop the scoop and barely made it out alive. Remember?
Mud.

[size=large][/size]Hi Dig, well i know a guy that lost his scoop it was Dew Guru, he almost got traped on a sandbar at clearwater and lost it trying to get back. Harold in Fla.

Harold in Fla. said:
[size=large][/size]Hi Dig, well i know a guy that lost his scoop it was Dew Guru, he almost got traped on a sandbar at clearwater and lost it trying to get back. Harold in Fla.

Yeah! It was dewguru! maybe was on a differrent forum, holler at him and see if its a match!

He lost his at CWB too so I doubt it made it to Sarasota :) Unless one of those rip currents grabbed it?

Aaron

Hi my name is Rob Foster I did loose a long handle stainless steel scoop with yellow grip and a section of green noodle also had been repaired a couple of times to reinforce the scoop and handle I can be reached on my cell phone @ 941-266-4054 Was lost on Siesta Beach last end of August.

Whether this scoop is Rfosters or not, I gotta know.... How in the heck did you lose a scoop?

It happens Jason. Moreso in the ocean than say a lake but, people get rolled by waves or they get caught in a rip and have to ditch their gear. All kinds of different ways to have a problem in rougher waters. I've even heard stories of people finding a metal detector bobbing in the surf.
Jason in Enid said:
Whether this scoop is Rfosters or not, I gotta know.... How in the heck did you lose a scoop?

Dig.... you see any of those detectors bobbin give me a shout .... im looking for a back up lol. Surf keeps being up like it has been ill need a dive suit to hunt. Seems it just gets nasty when i show up. I dont know how it is up your way.... but our beach has went from sloping to almost flat with all the sand being push in. Guess ive been lucky .... not lost anything yet, but i did see 2 guys have to be rescued.

Dew

Hey everyone! Just thought I would share a photo of my friend Lynn returning Rob's scoop. Rob was a very nice fellow and after a little chat and a picture we sent him out to dig again! Go get some rings Rob!

Hi Rob. Welcome to the forum! :detecting:

Now get some 1 1'8 x 1/2 armorflex and a roll of supper 33 electrical tape white if they have it and wrap that rascal.Or pm me i will get you some.i am in saint pete.the nice thing about insulation is you can use your leg or knee to pry against with no pain.Good luck ,Wayne

n/t