Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone making coils for the Gold Kruzer yet?

Mike Hillis

What I would really like is a 4"x20" DD or something like that, but I'd settle for a nearly anything else between the 6x10 and the 13 x15.

Maybe a Mars Tiger or something......

Anyone hear anything about new coils?????

Thanks
Mike

Just curious, what would be your application for a 20x4"?

the Nokta Makro 6X10 DD for the Gold Kruzer is a great coil if you don't have it yet. Well worth the money.

Jeff

I hunt gold jewelry in parks, schools, playgrounds and athletic fields. The more ground I can cover in a given time to hunt means more jewelry in my pouch. The truck steering wheel size 15" DD coil isn't very good for this application. However a nice 4" x 20" coil is perfect. I could make a 8x14" or a 10x14" coil work if I had to. But the little 9.5" coils lengths are too small.

A longer length coil could make the Gold Kruzer more like a primary detector instead of just a secondary cleanup unit for small areas, which is the only way I can use it today.

It also needs a notch function but more on that later.

HH
Mike

Bump?

Any new coils yet?

HH
Mike

Mike,

Can you share your gold jewelry hunting tips with us and settings please, readings for gold vs trash, what to listen for to improve our odds of gold vs trash, etc?
I have a Gold Kruzer coming .
Thanks,

-Tom V.

Hi Tom,

If you are a jewelry hunter you will have a primary unit or two that are hot on nickel range conductivity targets. By hot I mean they are deep on the nickel range targets. The Gold Kruzer is a perfect companion model for your primary unit(s). It won't replace your primary unit because the operating frequency is too high, but it is great for focusing on those target ranges below the nickel range.

In Micro mode the sweet number has been 41. A TID of 41 has been open rings, lobster clasp type necklaces, items like that. 44, 45, 46, 47 has all been paper foil. Above 47 you start to see targets with mass. Nickels are around TID 63. Since I'm gold focused I tend to set the tone break right above a nickel and just hunt the low tones.

The small coil is micro jewelry capable of picking up a 3 mm 10k white gold 4 prong stud earring close to a half an inch in depth. Important to note that this target is more like a mineral target than a metal target so if it can pick up that it can pick up most anything,

The standard 6x10 concentric coil is not micro jewelry capable with the target above but is a good general purpose coil and does well around surface iron but it is noisy in volatile ground. I use it the most. When I don't need hair splitting disc I like the 5x10 DD as its a little quieter and it still finds the same size targets as the 6x10.

I don't have the monster coil. It would be too big for me. I'd like a 8x12 or something to add some uumpp to nickel range target depth.

Overall I like it very much.

I do wish it had some notch capability. The Disc range goes all the way to 99. Be nice if in Micro mode,we could put the Disc on 99 and auto notch everything above 65 out. That way you could really focus on the targets the Gold Kruzer is best designed for. That would give you a range disc range of 00 to just above a nickel range of 65 to focus on with the disc and tone break set to provide the audio intelligence you need. Today you mostly screen watch if you want to use the middle tone option. The high tone helps cull the high conductors and ground noise but I could do with a little less screen watching on the middle tone range.

Anyway...Its a keeper .
HH
Mike

PS...when you are doing your bench testing,,,,be sure to use something other than your hand to hold your targets with. It will pick up you hand and give you a false result.