Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone moved from the Nox 800 back to a CTX3030

What you need is the patented "oak Island Digging Assistant" that Gary Drayton is using. I understand it will also work with the CTX3030.
garytrayton.jpg

Ive used my CTX 7 yrs, after 2 hrs of swingings Iam done. Iam going to have my nox800 next week , needed one as a back up anyway. Ive always felt that the CTX was info overload.

On my new CTX I had to have the Minelab Pro-swing 46 harness or after 30 minutes I was done. stay with using the standard modes or you will quickly get into jumpy signals, badly tuned 800. But once you really learn the 800, you should be fine. Great beach machine, great in dense iron, if hunting trashy park stay in 4 kHz and it will ignore most pop tops, pull tabs and small bits of can slaw.

Pull-- I started with an Etrac, then started swinging the etrac and the ctx, then started swinging the etrac, ctx and nox 800.

It really won't be too difficult for you to transition over. You'll probably be really happy at how much more information you get over the nox. Not sure what kind of hunting you'll be doing-- put on trashy park or AndyS and start playing. If you have both machines, cover a yard first with one, then last with the other; then, on another yard, vice versa. Compare signals with both. See what you do best with. It isn't a secret here that I haven't been too happy with my Nox.

I think all of us are always looking for the Skittle crapping unicorn that will lead us to that pot of gold over the rainbow. Personally, I should have just stuck with the etrac-- there wasn't any advantage to me buying 2 more machines.

Pretty much all you have to do is dig anything 12 40 and above. Also, I'm starting to think that conventional wisdom is wrong-- that a tight and narrow program is better than a wide open one. I'm going to apply Elmy's 1-10 program to my ctx and take it for a spin-- it really works for the etrac if you are hunting silver. I'm going to start with a 1-0, then put the '1' in where the zincs hit on ground coin.

Also, I'm starting to think that conventional wisdom is wrong-- that a tight and narrow program is better than a wide open one. - I am starting to come to that conclusion myself also. I fell that tight or multple discrim areas in a pattern cause for a more choppy and less clear response both audio wise and a tight filled in target circle. I am pretty much now using an open program and listening for good signals and then looking at the screen to help decide the dig or not dig question.

Also, I'm starting to think that conventional wisdom is wrong-- that a tight and narrow program is better than a wide open one. - I am starting to come to that conclusion myself also. I fell that tight or multple discrim areas in a pattern cause for a more choppy and less clear response both audio wise and a tight filled in target circle. I am pretty much now using an open program and listening for good signals and then looking at the screen to help decide the dig or not dig question.
Go to Monstertube (kevins channel) on the ytube.

He has a video on the program we run. It has been very successful for me and him. Open program no descrim just adjust your tones. I make a ferrous coin and high trash program the same. Use the user button to switch between them. I run ferrous coin then switch to high trash to see if the tone gets louder. If it gets louder its silver if not its clad.