Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone notice the Quest q 40 was released

Garrett had the monopoly on cheap'ish waterproof VLF's for a looooong time. Now MX Sport, Quest, Kruzer and soon Equinox. What a great time to be in the market for a waterproof machine haha

These are the replacement for the controversial Deteknix machine and are American based.

They are getting very popular in Europe and work really well.

At only £229 to £499 with everything including wire free headphones they are proving very popular.

We have club members using them and sometimes they are out gunning all the other types of detectors.

Their styling appears to copy the XP Deus which goes back 8 years and now being followed by the Exuinox.

The original poster is correct in his observation.

rellikusmc said:
and boy are there a lot of matches to our beloved Equinox

When Quest was under the name of Deteknix they were already using that style of detector. Nox actually copied the Quest brand detectors. The Quest Pro is now on pre order. That is their flagship detector. It has three selectable frequencies and is waterproof to 16ft. Digger Dan in the UK tested one of the older style Quest Pro's in saltwater and it didn't false. $699.00 and it comes with wireless headphones and two coils. If I'm remembering correctly it also has a variable speed function which the Nox also has. If they prove themselves saltwater capable then the competition has certainly amped up. That price would be hard to beat with two coils.

I saw where Makro has a waterproof multi freq detector coming out in mid February. Cant figure out if it is a true multi freq or just selectable.

Mountain Mike said:
I saw where Makro has a waterproof multi freq detector coming out in mid February. Cant figure out if it is a true multi freq or just selectable.

Selectable.

kajunman said:
and boy are there a lot of matches to our beloved Equinox

When Quest was under the name of Deteknix they were already using that style of detector. Nox actually copied the Quest brand detectors. The Quest Pro is now on pre order. That is their flagship detector. It has three selectable frequencies and is waterproof to 16ft. Digger Dan in the UK tested one of the older style Quest Pro's in saltwater and it didn't false. $699.00 and it comes with wireless headphones and two coils. If I'm remembering correctly it also has a variable speed function which the Nox also has. If they prove themselves saltwater capable then the competition has certainly amped up. That price would be hard to beat with two coils.

Not really a good test by Digger Dan it was damp sand at best

Goes to show that competition gives us all better options and cheaper prices!

The Q40 has been on the market for months now . . . it is all my wife has been using since the Summer. The original Quest units shipped to Europe last Summer. The Pro and Diver units are also in the immediate future.

The Q40 is a tough one to beat in terms of $$$ . . . . $479 with the wireless headphones . . . . under $600 with both search coils

Jason in Enid said:
Goes to show that competition gives us all better options and cheaper prices!

Speak for yourselves . Cheap isn't in the Oxford Dictionary i think !