Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone own an XP Deus with their Racer?

maansman

Hi everyone -

Just love reading everything about the Racer. I like portability for the car..you know...quick setup and go...when you are driving, and have an hour to kill..but want performance.

I bought an XP Deus for that purpose..and love it...really separates trash well, and goes deep...this is why the Racer is appealing to me.

Does anyone own the Racer and also have an XP Deus? Can you tell me how you like?

Thanks..
-Mark
----------------------------------------
Minelab CTX3030
XP Deus
Whites V3i

I have a Deus, used to have 2. From a stock coil perspective they are similar, but the Racer will out separate a Deus with 9" coil slightly. The small coil is really where the Racer shines. It will out separate your Deus by a good margin. With small coil attached the Racer does better in the TID dept vs stock coil attached. With small coil, once you get the hang of the unit you will dig little trash. Smashed twist caps will fool it both TID and tone. Being able to recognize can slaw far easier with Racer w/small coil vs Deus. Deus is can slaw magnet in comparison. With racer small coil just dive into the worst of sites and hold on. You are in for a ride. Expect to find coins undectable by many other detectors(even flagship) at shallow depths. You will be scratching your head in short order wondering how in the world did I miss that. Don't worry you're not alone. Already happened to me and others. The biggest difference as far as the audio compared to Deus you'll see is. Racer has no iron volume adjustment, it has a disc feature (ID Filter). you can raise the disc to quieten the machine down. But in doing so you don't allow the machines audio to flow like in say ID filter level 10, hence with higher disc the detector's audio when separating the targets is more chopped/short-allowing for a good target to have a higher likelihood of being missed. Increased disc settings depending on the level can also lower depth capabilities.

I had a Deus since they came into the US. Used it a lot. Got the CoRe in I think November. My finds went into orbit! The Deus is now in someone elses hands. Traded the Deus for a CTX, it will more than likely hit the classifieds soon not unless it wows me, I'm not thinking it will. Got a Racer also, neither Turk machines are going anywhere.

I have both and would say they are very different. The Deus is so adjustable which is a good thing but the Racer gets equal performance with almost no fine tuning. They get about the same depth in my test garden but again the Racer in factory preset gets the same depth as my best Deus program. The Deus needs a small coil because it just can't compete with the Racer's small coil for separation. If the Deus had a small coil who knows. The Racer hits targets next to iron trash slightly better than My Deus IMO. The only detector I've owned that came close in iron was My Gold Bug DP but it wasn't as hot on high conductors being 19khz. For me if I have a lot of area to cover I prefer the Deus, I have a Tones program that is easy on your ears. The Racer is a bit chatty for me in real heavy iron. The Racer's small coil is what makes it special. In a very small yard I've hunted for 15 years with many detectors I've turned up 7 more coins with the small coil. All coins were next to concrete with rebar, The Deus' 9" coil just couldn't get in close enough.

For me nothing at this point will take the place of my deus except the 5" coil on the racer so that is the main reason I got it...too see what it can do in a lot of iron..give me a smaller coil on the deus and I may sell the racer...the other thing I like on the racer is that on overloads my deus missed some of those and I was thinking when I go back east to hunt civil war relics it may be a good thing to have that overload go off on iron..I like iron a lot of locks and axe heads and guns will give you a iron tone...So it may have its place as a backup or as another way to hunt...I think I should have bought the next size coil from the 5" and use that instead of the 11"...but I think the racer sometimes needs to be tamed by lowering the gain from 40-70

Ime glad I just found this forum. I bought a racer my 2nd ever detector and am just getting the hang of it but always thought I was missing out because I should have bought an xp deus. But the more I get out with the racer and the more I read ime pretty glad I saved £500 and got the racer.
It will find small and big targets and good depth and the customer service from makro is excellent.
Thanks for the reviews above.
Barry

The 5x10 coil is killer and the 5" is very deep now you have to wait and see what the impact will bring to the table...but I love the racer it is just great and can keep up with my deus I like the deus better but like having both

manxmac said:
Ime glad I just found this forum. I bought a racer my 2nd ever detector and am just getting the hang of it but always thought I was missing out because I should have bought an xp deus. But the more I get out with the racer and the more I read ime pretty glad I saved £500 and got the racer.
It will find small and big targets and good depth and the customer service from makro is excellent.
Thanks for the reviews above.
Barry

The only thing you will be missing with the Deus is the extra $1000. I love love love the Racer. In 2 tone not much can match the depth.

yeah a lot of guys love the three tone I am a 2 tone hunter and my finds are killer

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
yeah a lot of guys love the three tone I am a 2 tone hunter and my finds are killer

Yeah, the guys that give up on the Racer never used 2 tone. I dig it all anyway so 2 tone is ok with me. LISTEN UP!!!!!! All of you ready to give up on the Racer, hunt in 2 tone for a while....... JUST DO IT!!

Set you audio tone to five and use two tone and dig it..works for me