Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone own the F2 and F4

Dude

I own the F2 and really love the machine. It's biggest flaw that I can see is it's lack of real depth.

I was hoping someone that owned both could tell me how much of a difference there is between the two.

A few questions I have.

Does the F4 have greater depth?

Does the F4 have the same fast target response as he F2?

How is it in trasher sites, is it as good as the F2?

Does it run as smooth and quiet?

Is it easy to master as he F2?

Its my understanding that the two have the same horsepower!
If your thinking about an upgrade then the move to the F4 isn't a big move, you would probably need to jump to the F5 or better yet, the Omega 8000. (unless your thinking of relic hunting, then you may want to move to a different type or style of detector altogether)

Mark

MarkCZ said:
Its my understanding that the two have the same horsepower!
If your thinking about an upgrade then the move to the F4 isn't a big move, you would probably need to jump to the F5 or better yet, the Omega 8000. (unless your thinking of relic hunting, then you may want to move to a different type or style of detector altogether)

Mark

Great post,
The F4 has manual ground balance which will give some depth but not allot. For sure look at the Omega 8000 or gamma 6000. Those are NICE upgrades. Holler if i can help or give you great pricing!

Found this video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCWRPgpGFts

The guy air test both machines with all 4 coils that are available for the detectors. There wasn't any difference in depth between the two machines. The F2's ground balance is preset at the factory, in the video the F4 was set on preset.
Seeing how the F4 has manual ground balance, I wonder much of a difference it makes in real world use.

Im a U.S. Citizen living in Ontario Canada. I have had the F4 since July and already found 1902 indian, lots of wheats , and some silver coins. Oldest Silver is a 1905 Canadian Nickel (silver) and a 1919 Large Canada cent. Ironically finding U.S Coins this old in Parks amazes me. The F4 works great as a first detector. I have had more luck with the sniper coil since the DD coil rings bottlecaps as a good signal. You can get use to it and figure out most are bottlecaps but with the Sniper coil for $45 its really , Really Nice in trashy areas. I have a House in Florida but have not tried in sand yet. I do wish I would have bought the F5 or higher since I love this HOBBY.....now I am planning on buying a V3 or Etrac.....So may have to sell my F4 or my wife will have my Rear End for putting so much money into the hobby..hahahahahh

F2 and F4 both have the same boards... same depth.... F4 just has more bells and whistles enabled...

GoVidGo said:
F2 and F4 both have the same boards... same depth.... F4 just has more bells and whistles enabled...

After watching the video I kinda figured they where the same, but does the F4 get better depth because it can be ground balanced?

I really enjoy using the F2 and was wondering if the extra money for the ground balance would be worth it.

I have an F4 but i can only assume you may get 1 extra inch but im not sure...I would jump to an F5 if I had it over again. JMO though...

I own an F2 as my back-up to my E-Trac for those 'calling for rain days' and would rather lose a $200 machine than a $1500 machine, and have used it a bunch!

The F2 and the F4 share the same main board (guy on video cracked open the F2 and F4 cases). the F4 ground balance option will add a little depth, but bsaically are the same machine with the F4 having a few more 'bells and whistles'

The F2 is sooo simple to use and I like to run mine 'as hot as I can' depending on the area hunting and it does really well on depth!

I think if I was moving up from the F2 and sticking with a Fisher, I'd be hitting the F70 which seems like a toned down F75(?)