Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone prospect for gold in Michigan's upper peninsula ?

Anyone looking for gold in the upper mi , its been known to have a few gold mines , and some still working I think! And I heard panning can be done as well, but I was wondering if someone has used metal detectors to find gold, my wife and l are planing a over due honey moon trip up north going along lake superior around copper harbor and back down along lake mi side , looking for friendly local detectorist who might want give us some pointers on where to find gold and raw copper pieces , thanks for any help, waterhound

I've read of silver nuggets(caused by forest fires) and float copper(sometimes very large) has been found in the UP,don't recall about gold.

I went to an old gold mine up in far northern Michigan many years ago that an old guy knew about.
There was a cable going up a fenced off dirt road next to a new subdivision, and the mine workings were still there but flooded.
I only saw one chunk of white quartz on the waste pile.Most of the pile was a dark greenish/brown rock,have no idea
what it was? It looked like they were using some sort of floatation refining process? A series
of large flat tables, like a stair case down a hillside. I think it dated to 1900 era. That was over 40 years ago now.

-Tom,ps, I just found some crude directions to this mine going thru old prospecting notes, but no town name.