Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone run larger than 11-12” coils?

Ronstar

Am contemplating getting one of the larger 14-15” coils for the open flat areas I get into. Anyone have experience or recommendations for F75SE?

Am contemplating getting one of the larger 14-15” coils for the open flat areas I get into. Anyone have experience or recommendations for F75SE?
A larger coil would wear you out quickly and is more difficult to maneuver as far as putting it over the right places that a smaller coil can go....pinpointing is almost impossible and you will not pull the depth you think you should get with it....but it will cover more ground ...larger coils usually find larger targets and miss some of the smaller targets...not always , but that is the theory for them. Sell me the 12 x 10 as I am hoarding all I can get and buy the 15 incher for yourself...also bigger coils don't resell very well.....you would be lucky to get half price of what you pay for it.....but you never listen to me....you know Elmy !

Sometimes I think you add stuff to your tea…… I do listen to you. But there are times other experienced gentlemen offer their expertise and as usual I must make my decision based on what I know, what I think I know, and what I have no idea about. I think your right here but a quick check on a big ol chunk of real estate it could sure be handy…….

Sometimes I think you add stuff to your tea…… I do listen to you. But there are times other experienced gentlemen offer their expertise and as usual I must make my decision based on what I know, what I think I know, and what I have no idea about. I think your right here but a quick check on a big ol chunk of real estate it could sure be handy…….
If you would quit digging what might be a coin and start digging what should be a coin, you might cover more ground ?
Just a thought from my lazy boy chair.

Ronstar, there are some good, larger coils available for the F 75. My long time hunting buddy, who has passed, ran a Detech 13" and the only time it came off his detector was when we were in severe heavy trash. He made several coin finds with it that my 75 with the stock 11" coil barely squeaked on. Did make the F 75 nose heavy, though. HH jim tn

I keep a “Tornado” on my F75 and have never had a problem pinpointing and separating targets.It may be slightly heavier but not to the point of being tiring.I hunt in one tone,discrimination @ 3,sensitivity 90+,de mode and dig anything above 10 vdi….Sometimes I have to coax the signal,but if I see a rise in the vdi it’s coming out…

Ronstar, I've never owned a large coil but my brother WV62 had one and he didn't like it, it didn't give him the extra depth he was looking for and it wouldn't pinpoint well either.
I'd say the only real advantage is, it would cover more ground but most of us don't have enough ground now to cover now.

Any coil size past 13 inches defies the metal detecting gods limit for depth with accurate ID. I read that a long time ago, and I still bought 13 inch coils for two different detectors, and both gathered dust. IMO, 10" and 11' coils are the center coil size. The best bigger coil though has been the 10x12 SEF Detech coil.

It only took me wasting money on two Ultimate 13 coils, for two different machines to find out "bigger" isn't good.

I appreciate the various responses. Most likely I will not be looking any further into this thought.