Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone:shrug::csflag:

jensman86

Any one ever done research on the swift silver mines? I live pretty close to where one of them is suppose to be.:csflag:

I spent a lot of time looking for old gold mines and diggings in South Carolina some years ago.

You can get some tips and fables from the internet, but the best thing to do is to get out and look in some of the areas mentioned in prospect maps, state mining records and old geological doccumentation. One great sourch that I found down in South Carolina was elderly people. Many times these folks cannot recall their own name two times in a row, but get them talking about the old days and they remember history and old rumors like it was yesterday. I was in the Greer South Carolina area one day and I saw an old man sitting on his porch. I stopped and aked him about a placer mine that I was looking for and he told me exactly where it was and how he had played there as a child. Cool eh?

Good Luck

Ray