Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone Still Using The 70 or 705?

I have always like the 70’s, especially the ones with low serial numbers. I would like to have another one as back up to my equinox 800. Found my gold coin in my avatar with my xterra.
Is one of these the serial number CA70E87D-488C-49E5-8F95-F6198225E71A.jpeg

That is a low one. I hope you like it.
Two coils came with it the larger stock coil and a smaller one. The bigger one has a tab broken @ bolt hole but I work for aviation repair shop and the composite guys are going to fix it better than new. I stayed up till 11 last night watching operation vids by minelab for that unit. Lol grumpy @ 4 am wake-up but sure it will be worth it. Lol

Two coils came with it the larger stock coil and a smaller one. The bigger one has a tab broken @ bolt hole but I work for aviation repair shop and the composite guys are going to fix it better than new. I stayed up till 11 last night watching operation vids by minelab for that unit. Lol grumpy @ 4 am wake-up but sure it will be worth it. Lol
The book that Digger wrote is the absolute best resource available for learning about your Xterra, and the best thing is........IT'S FREE!

Check it out!

Started reading it last night.
My suggestion is to read it twice. Then go play with the machine and go back home and read it again to answer the questions you'll have after that first outing.
After that, periodically refer back to it to pick even more nuanced bits that will help in your hunt for the really deep good stuff.

The extreme versatility of the Xterra cannot be overstated. It truly is the best kept secret in metal detecting, and it's the foundation for all of Minelab's SmartCoil Technology™ machines that followed. It was the very first all-digital machine on the market, and it continues to be a high mark in the development of Minelab as a dominating technological leader in the industry.

I had a 705 gold pack for years, it was a great machine, a real silver magnet. I moved up to a Etrac a few years back to get into multi frequencies. I see a lot of names on this forum that I haven't seen in years. I held onto my 705 until about 6 months ago when I sold it. I kept it as a backup machine but ended up never getting it out. We still have (3) 705s in the family now, along with a Deus II and (2) Etracs. Man, I miss the lightweight and simplicity of the 705. For the price, you can't go wrong.

I still have my 705 but just bought a Nox 900. I've been swinging the nox a lot trying climb up that learning curve but the 705 always comes along for the ride as a back up.

My suggestion is to read it twice. Then go play with the machine and go back home and read it again to answer the questions you'll have after that first outing.
After that, periodically refer back to it to pick even more nuanced bits that will help in your hunt for the really deep good stuff.

The extreme versatility of the Xterra cannot be overstated. It truly is the best kept secret in metal detecting, and it's the foundation for all of Minelab's SmartCoil Technology™ machines that followed. It was the very first all-digital machine on the market, and it continues to be a high mark in the development of Minelab as a dominating technological leader in the industry.
I find it kinda funny that there is a new Xterra Pro coming out what that tells me is just how good of a detector the Xterra was and still is, the new Xterra looks like it is going to be a nice detector, just cannot seem to find what selectable frequencies it is going to be running, if anyone knows what selectable frequencies it will run please let me know

Agree 100% on Diggers book and the sad thing is it is no longer available on mine lab site, it is gone unless I am just missing it good thing I have it saved on my PC
The PDF I linked to is still good.
I find it kinda funny that there is a new Xterra Pro coming out what that tells me is just how good of a detector the Xterra was and still is, the new Xterra looks like it is going to be a nice detector, just cannot seem to find what selectable frequencies it is going to be running, if anyone knows what selectable frequencies it will run please let me know
From what I've heard it will run 5-10-15kHz, selectable via the keypad w/o coil changes.

The PDF I linked to is still good.

From what I've heard it will run 5-10-15kHz, selectable via the keypad w/o coil changes.
yes sir I finally found it, I have vary mixed feelings about this new Xterra Pro, I do not even think it will compare to the original it is more like a Equinox minus the Multi frequencies LOL, dont think I will be getting one I will stick with my old 705

yes sir I finally found it, I have vary mixed feelings about this new Xterra Pro, I do not even think it will compare to the original it is more like a Equinox minus the Multi frequencies LOL, dont think I will be getting one I will stick with my old 705
I want to see the actual selling price first, of course, but I might well pick up the new Pro because it intrigues me.

I want to see the actual selling price first, of course, but I might well pick up the new Pro because it intrigues me.
I do not know if it is true or not but what I heard is it coming out to compete with the Simplex Plus,around the same price or cheaper in the $300 range, find that hard to believe with it being Mine Lab but it is what I heard at $300 or less I would give it some serious thought though just wish they would have gave it the same frequencies as the original Xterra 705, maybe if enough of us asked for it Mine Lab would hear and provide I really like the 3 KHz on the 705 especially when paired with the Digger Coil, I stupidly sold my Digger coil

one frequency you did not mention is it will also run 8KHz in beach Modes

Technology marches on. You changed the frequency of the old XTerras by changing the coil. On the Pro you press a button. I think it's more about recycling a name than anything else.