Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone tried the 16.5 inch Excellerator coil

james1969

I'm thinking about getting one,is it stable on the beach and does the sensitivity have to be turned down a lot?,does it find the really small items?

I've had this coil for a few months now. It's fine on wet sand or in shallow water unless you bump it. I've run it frequently up to 32 (usually around 25-28.) manual sensitivity in all metal mode and I'm happy with it. Only coil I'd use on the open beach. Never tried the WOT.

I usually run up to 32 in all metal. The lowest I have run is about a 15. I use manual and when set correctly to the area I am in it is a very stable coil. I dont bump up my gain either, I only have mine set for 3. Word of advise though is check the settings on your sound before you go because when you run across a mid to large object even up towards 18 inches it sounds off really loud. Scared the stuffing out of myself quite a few times this way. I wouldnt go anywhere without it. To me it have been a great purchase, I have heard of many different coils and im sure they are good but this one works great for me and I do not plan on getting rid of it, I use it as my primary coil over the 10.5

Bantom01

used mine for the first time today at the beach....had to switch arms often because of the weight, but it wasn't too bad..covered alot of area, but didn't find the depth I was looking for. I probably didn't have the settings right, i am a new SE user.