Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone tried this coil

I have one and like it, depth wise it is about the same as the 5"DD. It gives me pretty good ground coverage and being only 3.25" wide it is real good in trashy areas. Also I have tested it on some small gold and it is the most sensitive of any coil I have.

It is my most used coil.

Ron in WV

So I was fixing to order the sharpshooter should I reconsider. That is what I was looking for when I saw this. Only question/ comment is that I like the 5 but it awful small feeling just wanted a coil a tad bigger. I assume this one seems even smaller which would be great for trash but iffy on covering ground in a big area ( park) that has quite a bit of trash.

Actually the 6.5" elliptical feels bigger than the 5" to me. I have also have the NEL sharpshooter, it came with the detector as a package deal, I like it but for me it compares more to the 11" coil. The depth is just a tad less than the 11".

If it were me I could only get one coil, I would still go with the 6.5" elliptical, and this coil is a concentric coil not a DD so it helps with rusty bottle caps.

I attached a file picture that I like to refer to from time to time, I just got a new 13" ultimate coil that I will be adding it's test numbers to the list soon.

Ron in WV

Also that line listed NEL is the sharpshooer coil.

The 3.5 x 6 inch elliptical concentric coil is the small coil I like. I can get closer to large interfering things like fences and poles with it than with any of the other fisher coils available for the F75. I've got all the fisher coils, but not yet any of the other than fisher aftermarket coils for the F75.

Brian this coil is a great coil, I have 2 of them . I also have the nel coil you speak about. The nel is almost the same as the stock 11" . I will sell 1 of my 3.5x6 coils to you if your interested. PM me and we will take. Thanks GS .

I have been using the 6.5 x 3.5 Concentric (elliptical) on my F-75 for three seasons. It does great in trashy parks and still has depth near the 11" DD. It's just over a very small "sweet spot" so you have to move forward very slow but with a fast sweep. I'd recommend one if you hunt in trashy spots with pull-tabs and bottle caps.

I haven't had my 11" DD back on since I bought it.

Anybody know anything about the Fisher 15" DD Deep Seeking Search Coil (F75) ?
Good bad. How deep. Compared to 13 uttimate.

nalc472 said:

Interesting question there. I also would like to know if anyone has had an experience with this other coil, and addition to the 13 inch ultimate.

Thanks, bubba.

nalc472 said:

I have the coil, and for the most part I do like it. It's a little heavy, but that's to be expected of a 15" coil. It's a little bit deeper then the stock 11" DD, and still good on small targets like buttons and coins, excellent ground coverage.

I have the little 6" coil too, but it's been a few years since I've used it, I have a hard time taking the 11" DD off :detecting:

HH,
Brian

Thanks Brian for the information! :)