Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use a 10" widescan on a Vaquero?

I assume you are talking about the 12 x 10 DD coil. Opperation should be similar on the Vaquero. I found it to equal in depth to the stock coil. You get better coverage of course, and would see an improvement in depth if your soil is mineralized, but otherwise your stock coil will give you equal performance.

berryrifter said:
I'm thinking about getting a widescan for the Vaquero, anybody got some input?

Ive got the cleansweep, 10" widescan from the lobo st, and the coil scully is talking about, the 12X10 widescan. I love the widescans, they give you great coverage/seperation and excellent depth. the 12X10 is the deepest, the 10 eliptical widescan comes next and then the cleansweep.
make sure and get the long cable on the 10" if you get it(not sure if it comes with a short cable but just in case) so you can pull the control box off your vaquero and wade with it by hanging it around your neck nice and high with a little pouch and nylon strap. Nice and light and deep, you will love it:tesoro:

I assume yob mean 5X10 elliptical coil. I have Tejon and use the 5X10 most of the time.
The coil is not good on tot lot's and lawns. It's a little hard to pinpoint. But if you do ghost town,
mining camps, trails, camps, or wide open hunting it's good. It doesn't disc. as well as stock
coil. It doesn't get hung up on brush like spoked coil does. It is a little nose heavy but after the first
target you forget it.I hope this helps.
Willard in Spokane.

I just got the 12x10 DD widescan also and I notice that in air testing at least, it does not seem to pinpoint well. That is it pinpoints down the entire length of the coil. Is this normal or did I get a bad one?