Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use a 3 x 7 on a GBP?

Just wondering if anyone has used a 3 x 7 coil from a F75 on a Gold Bug Pro for prospecting. I know they are not made for them but I also know they work?

Not designed for it doesnt mean it wont work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YXkLWDfKY Anyway NEL makes one now for the GBP.

onemoreswing said:
they dont work, you just think it does !

Worded perfectly, swingman!

We can't stop people from buying an F75 searchcoil to plug into a GB, but knowing that the results are so unpredictable we try to talk them out of it.

I have read your sticky Dave. I really like the Gold Bug pro but the 5" round coil is not my thing for prospecting. I want a smaller elliptical. I have been looking at the NEL after market coil. If Fisher made one for the Pro I would be looking at theirs. I prefer OEM Coils. It seems to me that that if the f75 coils are close then how much work would be needed to make them right? I have great respect for you by the way, you have designed some awesome detectors over the years. I also dont run a major detector manufacturing company and therefore have no real idea what would be required,Just dreaming. Looking forward to your next detector. MM

As far as I know, there aren't any plans to produce a little elliptical concentric coil (a la F75) for the Fratbros lineup. And if we did, it might not work right on the GB. The GB was designed specifically for DD searchcoils, and concentrics tend to be unpredictable on it.

I really meant a small DD coil not a CC. I know you designed it for DD coils. Thanks for the reply.

Hey machine man sounds like you appreciate your VLF nugget hunting also it is my passion I have a suggestion for you go buy a T2 classic and you will be blown away by the depth increase on a given target versus the GBP my GBP now just sits with the 11 inch coil on it for relic huntind as it is better in iron trash but the T2 is still the deepest detector you can Get especially with the 5 inch coil on nuggets side-by-side it is 20% stronger then the GBP you will love it I promise. One thing I've learned for sure is that frequency isn't everything example an omega 8000 will nugget hunt equally with the gold bug pro a lot of people doubt it because of the frequency but if you have one try it you will see what I mean