Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use a Cortes?

jhettel

Why is it that hardly anyone posts any messages/information on the Cortes?

Is this machine worth the money, or do the less expensive machines do just as well?

Is it the meter?

I've wondered this as well. I think Tesoro has a hard time competing with the other brands when it comes to metered machines. Tesoros are known for their beep and dig machines, and that's where they are strong. For the money, you can get a better detector than the Cortes.

I think the Cortes would be more popular if the GB functioned in both modes and if it had a larger display like the Deleon. The GB is set in the all metal mode only, the disc mode is factory pre-set.

I agree with Jerry. For the money, the DeLeon is the better buy due to the same circuitry and ergonomics as the Cortes, but with a more readable display, etc. If Tesoro would make a TID with MGB or Auto tracking in Disc mode, I think they would sell like crazy! JMHO

ohp800max

Jerry Ga. said:
I think the Cortes would be more popular if the GB functioned in both modes and if it had a larger display like the Deleon. The GB is set in the all metal mode only, the disc mode is factory pre-set.

I agree on the GB issue. If they'd get a decent TID machine out with either Manual or auto GB, I'd buy one in a heatbeat. Until then, I'll probably stick with my DeLeon and my beep and dig units.
BB

I am in agreement. That was my main reason for getting the DeLeon. I also have a Cutlass II Umax for the beep dig days, Beale.

I use a Cortes,but had it not been for getting it at such a good price I would have gone with the Deleon...although people complain about the screen size, it helps me being that much smaller as it has allowed me to go by ear first....when the meter locks on though I would say it is accurate at depths of at least 7" by my experience. Ive almost thought of selling it (I bought it used) just to buy a brand new D for the warranty.

There still must be a demand for them. Every time I see one on e-bay they sell at a pretty good price. Being the cheap skate that I am I am always looking to get one for around 400.00. And all the ones I see sell for at least 500.00 and up! Nice little machine and lite but with only 7'' on silver dimes with proper I.D. not worth it.

As long as there are guys out there that buy 4 or 5 different Tesoro's , Tesoro will never make a machine that will include every feature that most other detectors have ..... Why should they ? ..... The can continue to make machines and leave just one important feature out on each one of them , and the consumer will buy a couple of machines ..... Why sell one model when you can make more money selling 2....or 3.......or 4 !!!!...... Smart people those Tesoro folks !!!..... Jim

I don't own a Cortes or Deleon, I've had the chance to swing a Deleon.... & liked it alot. but I love the old TR/VLF Silver Sabres they are still great units and I love to listen to the beeps to determine whether or not to dig. I'd have a Deleon though, I liked everything about it. I also LIKE the fact that tesoro makes so many different detectors for different types of hunting. But they (Detector companies) all do that... it keeps the money rolling in for them... plus it gives us the opportunity for the "new detector fix" we all get the itch for from time to time. (I can't lie, I get the itch more often than I probably should) lol
HH,
Jay