Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use a nel for nuggets?

I have a GBP and am looking at getting a bigger coil. I have the 5" and the 5"x10". Looking for something a little bigger for beach use and areas where I need to go deeper. Has anyone used a nel coil for prospecting. Specifically the hunter. I know its about the same size as the Fisher coil but its $40 cheaper and I have heard deeper and more stable.

I have the NEL hunter on my 705. It is the 18.75khz model. I can pick up tiny pieces of gold with it, surprised the heck out of me that I could.

Also fully waterproof so I can stick it in the streams looking for the shiny stuff. I find it to be very stable, no falsing, acting exactly as it should. I think it's a bargain, in fact, I am looking at getting the sharpshooter and one larger one as well.

Romanf said:
I have the NEL hunter on my 705. It is the 18.75khz model. I can pick up tiny pieces of gold with it, surprised the heck out of me that I could.

Also fully waterproof so I can stick it in the streams looking for the shiny stuff. I find it to be very stable, no falsing, acting exactly as it should. I think it's a bargain, in fact, I am looking at getting the sharpshooter and one larger one as well.
I've been wondering about the Nel coils. First, does it have any negative effect on the xterra, also is the HUNTER coil as the 10.5DD. Glad to hear your happy with them...
Thanks for any replies & congrats on your gold!

Works great on the GBPro as friends have found many dozens of nuggets in some of the hottest ground up here in the Golden Crescent. Craigslist has one for sale used and Cabelas sells'm that way also-John