Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use a speadsheet to keep track of metal detecting

Waterdog

I talked to one of the guys around here and he told me that he uses a spreadsheet to track his metal detecting adventures. Anyone else here use the same with examples of how they do it ?

I use a spreadsheet to track place, time spent detecting with which detector, number of rings, necklaces bracelets (not including junk rings), miles traveled.
When the info is entered stats for % of days a ring was found, number of days detected totals of miles traveled as well as a few more stats.
I started the recordings to keep track of hours of battery use so I knew when to recharge the pack. The sheet grew over the past 35 years. The sheet does not track specific finds.
I have tweaked the spreadsheet since 2010, but you can get an idea from the picture

Attachments

• Dtime.jpg
    Dtime.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 145
I talked to one of the guys around here and he told me that he uses a spreadsheet to track his metal detecting adventures. Anyone else here use the same with examples of how they do it ?
In 2004 I created an excel-sheet to track my finds. The rows were about date, found piece, location, depth, detector used and what coil. To the found piece I add a picture if it is a good one. Works for me. Some time ago I put up a copy to a forum but cann't remember where.
BTW there was a free software called I-Detect-Free from Ginko-Ware.
Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
Here is the what created, I keep it running the whole year and then start a new one for the current year.
Ron in WV
Sample.PNG