Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use the 10 1/2 " search coil on the Tiger Shark

Degries

Anyone have any input on the 10 1/2" search coil for the Tiger Shark. I have the standard 8" coil that came with the detector but I don't seem to get to much depth with it. I am looking at the 10 1/2" coil but want to make sure before I buy one. Also how about a after market search coil, any good ones for the Tiger Shark.

It is the coil of preference for me. The 8" coil is great in trashy areas, but most of the beaches I hunt are very clean so I need the extra depth. The bigger coil is equally hot on small targets and you should get 2 to 3 more inches with it, give or take. The new ones come with a lager mounting hole. The older ones used smaller hardware it just didnt do well holding that heavier coil. If you end up getting an older used one you should drill the hole out to accept 1/4" hardware. That will hold that big coil a lot better.

From what i understand they interchange. I'm interested in making the jump to the 10.5 as well.

Go jump in a lake!

R-n-R

I second Scully's post. Right down to the larger coil bolt. It surprises me as to how small the items are that the bigger coil finds, It takes a little more effort to swing it, but not much, and it covers more ground... I highly recommend this coil, it is the one on my machine now. HH Joe

The one thing that drives me nuts is the amount of overlap I need to have with my stock coil to really make sure I have covered a area. It's time I went BIGGER!

A big thanks to Big Mo got a diff rod setup as well. I'll be able to tell u how it works going to go Sun back to my brackish water spot.(been using 8 inch coil) I'f it strikes deeper I'll know in about 10-15 mins. in the deep sections not getting any hits. Post about it-- Mon Am.

Go Jump in a Lake!

R-n-R

I did buy the 10 1/2" coil for the Tiger Shark and in the process learn something. I talk with the dealer that I bought my Tiger Shark from and was told that I would need to send the detector back to Tesoro to have it tuned to the 10 1/2" coil since it was set up for the 8" coil. I was told that if I tried to use the new coil with out doing this that I would most likely have ground balancing problems. I also sent the 8" coil back with the detector, this way I was told that they would be able to set up the detector so that I could switch between the two coils with very little adjustment of the ground balance.