Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone use XY?

jspeedy

I just tried XY for the first time on some air tests. Very nice feature, beer caps and rusty nails were all over that screen and the good was strait and diagonal. with the number on the top right for IDing, I may try a quick hunt just using this screen...

Remeber that the one drawback is that the deeper the target, the smaller the grphic produced . . . . on shallower targets it is a useful tool to distingush bottle caps since you also have the TID value in the upper right corner . . . . but in older sites where you are looking for deep targets, be sure to bring your magnifying spectacles . . . . :blink:

Andy

I mainly hunt civil war relics and I use XY sometimes. What I have seen as Andy said the deeper targets will give a shorter diagonal line, but you should be able to get the idea but digging those you will be sure. On the coins I have found it is a very pronounced diagonal line. With civil war bullets the end of the line will have a little curl to it. As you mentioned large iron will look like me trying to draw something with etch a sketch.

Anyone use XY?

Nope, not me! Just to many button pushes and didn't ID as deep and clearly as switching to a mirror program (Just save a program using 4khz to check with I'd normal off) one button push away.
Even this one button push then having to press again to return gets old....when sorting through tons of rusty caps or bent/ circle iron.

I'd love to have a 4khz switch in any program with the -push- of pin point button and then back to original frequency with -release- of button.
... I'm gifted with ability to complain about almost anything ;)

Andy Sabisch said:
Remeber that the one drawback is that the deeper the target, the smaller the grphic produced . . . . on shallower targets it is a useful tool to distingush bottle caps since you also have the TID value in the upper right corner . . . . but in older sites where you are looking for deep targets, be sure to bring your magnifying spectacles . . . . :blink:

Andy

LOL. well said Andy:cheers: