Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone using a 12.5" NEL or CORS on the Racers?

DigFella

The perfect coils for my style relic hunting are fairly light 12'-13". I haven't been able to put down the crazy lightweight 13" Detech Coil on my "other machines". I'd much rather be using a faster, more sensitive Racer, but love the 2 more inches ground coverage at same weight. I have the 15" racer coil & it's crazy deep but too heavy for me. So what are any thoughts on these aftermarket coils vs. the 11" stock ones?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Personally I would look for a good used Fors CoRe and put a 13" Mars Discovery coil on it and make it my "big coil" machine. When using the large coils the CoRe balances so much nicer over the Racer series. It would be very similar to putting a large coil on the Red Racer....as far as setting up and same vdi numbers.

I havent tried the Racer ,but have the fors core and cf77...I find both machine very light ,balanced and very fast .Ive only used the stock coils..Im curious about the NEL myself...

For Mars coils I like the elliptical style of the TIGER better rather than the fully round "Discovery". The Makro 15" coil is just far too heavy & bigger than I need for my sites (& shoulder;) Dilek please make me a prototype 7x13" DD Coil that's thin like the Detech ultimate & works on all the Racers. I will promote the heck out of it & use it in every new video :)
Bill

I like the Narrow coils best for relic hunting myself...Rember the Bigfoot for Whites...Something narrow and maybe not so long would work in the woods for me!

Although most of my sites require smaller coils, the Detech Ultimate coil is a killer coil. I'd add one to my kit if they made it, just for beach and the 5% of the time I can use it at turf sites.

If Makro Nokta made a similar coil, they'd sell a ton of them, way more then the 15" coil.

hh,
Brian

I found that the larger coils just do not balance well on the Racer 2 and just didn't seem to add that much more depth. But then again I primarily hunt really trashy areas and large coils aren't helpful.