Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone Using a CTX w/17" Coil Underwater on a Regular Basis?

Flat bottom, not much current, clear water. Mainly looking for bottom coverage, not depth. Any issues I may want to be aware of? I understand the weight/resistance thing - I currently swing a GPZ for eight plus hour type days.

Beach hunting can be very specific. Swinging near the surf or long shore drift will be a little more work than out deeper. Some places with fluffy sand you may get the depth. Hard pan or a lot of minerals/black sand in salt water and you will have to turn down the sensitivity .... so the standard coil is as capible. To me in salt water that coils advantage is coverage not depth. Wet and dry it will be the better choice.

Well, I spent half a day swinging the 17" yesterday, first on the beach and last couple hours wading. It was a lot easier to pinpoint with the coil than I thought it might be. I did not have my waterproof headphones with me so only got the unit about handle deep. There is resistance for sure but with a nice slow sweep not bad at all. No great finds but I can see the 17" becoming my favorite beach/water coil for the CTX. Thanks for the feedback.