Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone using the 21x17 inch SEF monster coil on their Sovereign?

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
Today is my first day with this coil. The weather was too bad for a park search. Did a quick air test with coins, This 21x17 inch coil is sensitive enough with dimes to give a better air test than the 10x12 SEF maybe by 1-2 inches. After running through my coin garden targets got very good to excellent depth on my deep targets. Hit my 11 inch dime with no problem and the deep half dollar. Two of the most popular detectors have a hard time hitting these targets in my soil. HH Ron

After using the big coil a couple times out my conclusion it's a great coil. Yes it is heavy, but has very good performance. Found deep wheat's missed by previous hunts. My friend was using a AT Pro and asked him to check a decent signal, which on this one he swept from ever angle and couldn't get any reading. After digging down about ten inches retrieved a 1925 wheat.

Oh man,the days of me swinging something that big are over...that is crazy big...glad you are having good results...

Popeye the sailorman arms? Not sure the longevity of the users arm? But does have great depth.

My suggestion for anyone using this large coil consider using a after market lower rod asm.

Sounds like a harness way also be needed. :biggrin:

I think a harness may help. I would rest the coil on the ground and then continue,which worked. Pin points very well and covers a lot of ground. Its a coil that requires a slower sweep. The biggest problem I had was storing it in my closet connected to the Sovereign LOL not enough room. Thanks

Ron, I hope you have a shovel :rofl: Man is that thing huge!

For a big coil it pinpoints very well. The large coil is impressive in difficult ground. If I didn't use this coil would be very skeptical. Yes I do have a good shovel. HH Ron