Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone using the Detech 13" Ultimate coil with Sov GT?

matthias

Greetings. Anyone have opinions, experience, tricks or tips to using this coil? Thanks in advance for any info. HH. Matt

I've got one and must say, I really do like it. I strictly beach hunt, so I put rtv under the coil nut and epoxied around the base of it. The white color is helpful in the water, especially if it's a bit turbid - makes it easier to pinpoint. On the other hand, one sunny day my eyes were bothering me and searching the dry sand I occasionally saw some trails from it. Needless to say, this was somewhat disturbing, but nothing to base a coil revue on. One thing I'm not crazy about is the number of disappearing targets I dug with it. All started out faint, and most were still faint in the pile when I dumped my scoop. None were ever found. I finally started writing them off as super tiny trash. I recently switched to the 12x10, and haven't had this problem anymore. One thing I have noticed (and am curious if anyone else has too) is that the 13" ultimate is more stable than the 12x10 in the saltwater. I can't really find a depth difference between the two yet, but have only been using the 12x10 for about a week and a half so far. The 13" ultimate is super light and will definitely be my goto dry sand coil this summer (except if my vision starts acting up again, in that case it will be 12x10 and a visit to the eye doctor).