Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aquastar Fog???

lammi

I have not been able to ask this on the forum due to computer problems but would now really be happy to get some input.

I bought a Aquastar and love it but the last 3 times out it has been getting condensation on the inside of the unit after only 15 min. in the water.

I really don't want to take a chance of harming machine due to moister.

I did put some dry packs in the bottom without any help. Now i have a folded bounty paper towel to absorb any moister .

As Mr. Bill suggested i did a at home water test and kept machine under water for a hour , No leaks or moister, I assume the warmth of the electronics and cooler water may be the problem . The water was really quite nice and somewhat warm when this started.

I just really like this machine and do not want to take any chances as stated before. Any help would be great, Has anyone found a confortable way to carry up high???

Thanks Lammi

Lammi,

I use two or three Silica sachets to absorb moisture and it works well.
Over time they do lose their effectiveness so I replace them every summer.
I have had moisture (condensation) when the weather is warm and humid. Obviously some moist air is trapped in the case when closing it up but the sachets should absorb this. Before the case reaches the water level, I slowly immerse the case in the water or even slowly hand pour the sea water over the case to allow the case to cool gradually. A sudden dunking of a warm case into the (cooler) water is the main problem to be avoided. Does your problem start after it becomes immersed in the water or before you reach the water ?
The Pelican case that I use also has a one way purge valve so this may prevent moisture from condensing by "purging" it from the case before it cools too much.

Hope this helps,
Tony.