Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Arboretum just went full circle

Ronstar

Yesterday jkline and I teamed up where I dug the 66 JFK and was starting to get into the early 60s coins, well that little area didnt pan out so well but Jeff nailed an older Washington quarter and a late 50s Rosie further up the lane!! My efforts pulled up a silver colored table spoon with very little tarnish so checked the stem and it had markings. Turned out it is silver overlay and pattern and maker were popular in the 20s to the 50s in the hotel/restaurant venues.
What I call for my big find was recovering a fired 45 caliber lead slug!! Betting that matches up to the 45 straight wall cases I’ve been digging!!
As for clad..... combined we left with less than a buck.
I am going to post the bullet and case info on the Whatzit forum as those older rounds are a bit out of my wheelhouse and hoping some of you can help better identify what round this more than likely is.

Luck, fluke, no idea-- just meandered around, hypnotized to iron grunts on the CTX... and my headphones exploded. First time for double silver in the hole! The quarter was exposed on the plug; the 59' Rosie was in the hole, nicked by the shovel. Dammit!

There is so much luck involved in detecting-- if Ron kept swinging another 30' a few days before, he would have owned these. I know you guys will scream BS!, but pickings were pretty slim: a clad quarter, a memorial and these were all I had after 2hrs of swinging.

Attachments

• 20210409_144219[1].jpg
    20210409_144219[1].jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 93
Luck, fluke, no idea-- just meandered around, hypnotized to iron grunts on the CTX... and my headphones exploded. First time for double silver in the hole! The quarter was exposed on the plug; the 59' Rosie was in the hole, nicked by the shovel. Dammit!

There is so much luck involved in detecting-- if Ron kept swinging another 30' a few days before, he would have owned these. I know you guys will scream BS!, but pickings were pretty slim: a clad quarter, a memorial and these were all I had after 2hrs of swinging.
I prefer quality over quantity myself. Makes for a great silver ratio to clad day for ya. HH Jim tn