Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ARE OUTLAWS POPULAR

iron bark

:ausflag:Hi from Australia I often look at posts on the forum, I can find much useful info and ideas.With the outlaw I do not see many comments or questions or finds posted are they not a popular detector in America or don't people like them regards john:ausflag:

Not that's not popular.
Just not many forum owners still or ever owned one.
They were not anything spectacular to entice anyone to buy one.
Basically a rehashed Bandito circuit in a new suit with 3 coil option.

There are plenty of Outlaw posts on this forum, just have to do a Findmall forum search.

Or do a all-forums search http://metaldetectingforumsearch.com/forumsearch/index.html

New guy here, I have been using one for over a year and love it. Whats not to like? Very light weight , super pinpointer , great Disc and good depth. It comes with three coils too.
I own a Vaq , Cibola and a Compadre and think the Outlaw is a fine machine. IF you want a depth BEAST then mabye its not the machine for you. On the other hand what it lacks in depth it makes up with the sweet sound it makes when your over a good target vs the "quack quack" of the Vaq.
But thats just one man's thoughts.

Hobojo said:
New guy here, I have been using one for over a year and love it. Whats not to like? Very light weight , super pinpointer , great Disc and good depth. It comes with three coils too.
I own a Vaq , Cibola and a Compadre and think the Outlaw is a fine machine. IF you want a depth BEAST then mabye its not the machine for you. On the other hand what it lacks in depth it makes up with the sweet sound it makes when your over a good target vs the "quack quack" of the Vaq.

What headphones are you using? I didn't like the audio response of the Vaquero before I got a set of Killer B Wasp headphones.

tabman

I didn't like the Vaq's voice until I got the high tone upgrade.
BB

Not to bash the Vaq, but I used grey ghost originals and 'quack' says it all, aside from that I really can't nit-pic anything wrong with it, great machine.
I am waiting for the Cazador to be released before I pull the trigger on an outlaw or maybe the Delon, haven't quite made my mind up yet.

The Outlaw is not popular at all over here in the UK,come to think about it only some of the older models seem to keep the magic that the later models lack,its a shame but not really sure why,i still personally think folks like screen rather than knobs these days so sales all across the Tesoro detector range has dropped off in recent years.

Of course the Outlaw may be very good machine,but if folks dont want to buy it then perhaps thats some indication that Tesoro need to adapt to what the customer want,prehaps they want to look on how Nokta are doing things at the moment and try and Replicate bringing new machine to the market that folks are queuing upto buy,thats how it should be for Tesoro.

I found enough good finds with mine to pay for it in short order. Here are just two examples: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1796097,1796490
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1924666

It doesn't have the depth of the Vaquero, but it more than makes up for it by how it handles can slaw and iron nails. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2086335

I love mine. :)

tabman

I really enjoy my Outlaw. Runs very smoothly and gets decent depth. Gotta love the sweet, round sound when you swing over a good target!

I don't have an Outlaw but by design it reminds me more of the "old school" Tesoro's and I mean that in a good way. It doesn't have the HOT circuitry which probably keeps it running smoother in real trashy sites where depth is not as important. It seems today a lot of people out there want only DEPTH... but in my opinion there are pro's and con's with wanting only depth. I'm sure the Outlaw would get good respectable depth in most soils it would encounter while at the same time running more quietly than a HOT circuitry unit. Best of luck out there and HH!

Randy

tabman said:
Hobojo said:

What headphones are you using? I didn't like the audio response of the Vaquero before I got a set of Killer B Wasp headphones.

tabman
Yup... Been using the Killers for about a year. I think I just prefer the Outlaws tone Vs the Vaq. Its kind of like listening to Dana Perino Vs Hilary Clinton. I have the grey ghost but think the killer bees ARE the BEES KNEES when comes to quality. They are just a bulit better in my mind. As far as the Outlaw being an "old " Tesoro I wouldn't know. The Outlaw has found more than its share of goodies and HAS paid for itself in the year since. I recently picked up a minelabs X-terra 705 and when comparing the two the Outlaw is still a good machine.
The price is 2 bills cheaper and it comes with 3 coils, the 10.6 khz is nice for all kinds of stuff too. When testing the two using the " air test " I was able to get 9-10" on a nickel and 6 to 7" on a dime 10" on a quarter with the Outlaw in DISC mode set at 5 cents. Not bad. Is it everybodies cup of tea , I would guess not. Still its a fine machine and will serve the user well.

:ausflag:Thanks for your views on this subject I found it interesting it looks like its a individual choice, the head phones I am using are sunray something gold regards john

I really like my Outlaw! I took some time and tried to really learn it and understand what it is telling me. I watched several of Gunner's videos early on and they opened my eyes to what the Outlaw can do and different ways the machine can be set up to run. I have tried a lot of different tesoro machines and still own several of them but I think the Outlaw is a winner and do not plan to part with it ever. Very capable and a blast to use it.

iron bark said:
:ausflag:Hi from Australia I often look at posts on the forum, I can find much useful info and ideas.With the outlaw I do not see many comments or questions or finds posted are they not a popular detector in America or don't people like them regards john:ausflag:
It does everything I need a detector to do. I've had top of the line White's, Minelab P.I.'s, and a Minelab Safari. I personally don't care what people think of a detector. Just study the specs, read reviews with a grain of salt, and choose what is suitable for your area and type of detecting.
Hell, before Al Gore invented the Internet, we just went out and found stuff with what is now considered out dated technology (early 70's for me).
If you would like, I could probably post stuff regarding the Outlaw many times so's to give you a warm fuzzy feeling. Not trying to be sarcastic; just making a point that posters get too hung up on the number of postings regarding a product instead of learning about detectors and the search area.
Short story: I bought a White's top of the line VLF (can't remember the model think it was a V3i ?) years ago. It was a "buy one, get one free" deal from Kellyco. I got the cheapest Bounty Hunter ever made. I gave it to a 8 year old girl. She went to a "worked out" park with daddy. Within 10 minutes, she found a white gold children's ring with a beautiful opal. It looked antique and it fit her finger! It was worth more than the detector. I never found anything of value with the White's. It is a great machine but I was too mesmerized with the color readouts instead of paying attention to the area.
I'm happy with my Outlaw.

There's a Tesoro model to fit most peoples hunting needs.
Doubt anyone can go wrong buying one of the Tesoro models.

Seems to me that those of us who have used and own an Outlaw like them, so if they are not popular , who knows?
Reminds me of something I once heard, " never follow popular trends, they tend to be wrong most of the time " .
Good post TabHunter.