Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are Tesoro prices fixed or are there good deals?

Checking online all prices seem fixed at 15% off msrp. Same as local shop. Is there any way to knock the prices down a little more? The local shop here does sell Demo units at 20% off with clean warranty card, but may have a few scratches. Any online sources do better at pricing or is it all fixed?

Tesoro sets the price that dealers have to sell their detectors at. Dealers have to sign a contract with Tesoro, of course there are a few dealers that break the rules and sell for less to get the sale but are at risk of having Tesoro pull their dealership. I like the idea as it keeps things fair for everyone.

One thing you never do is mention the pricing you got on a Tesoro on this or any forum. If a dealer gives it to below the fixed price and you post it, you will jeopardize his dealership.

Rainyday hit the nail on the head! Keep any deals to your self!

i bought mine from kellyco. with the other brands, they have the choice of two free option packages. headphones, digger, pouch, bag, gloves, etc. but not with the tesoro's. you get nothing extra. i asked them why when i was ordering it. was told tesoro does not allow them. that did seem kinda odd. so, if you even get free extras with it. keep it to yourself.

jld66 said:
i bought mine from kellyco. with the other brands, they have the choice of two free option packages. headphones, digger, pouch, bag, gloves, etc. but not with the tesoro's. you get nothing extra. i asked them why when i was ordering it. was told tesoro does not allow them. that did seem kinda odd. so, if you even get free extras with it. keep it to yourself.

If Kellyco pays for the freebies out of there own pocket then what's the problem?

The ole jack-um up price, big discount with freebees scam. A lot of people buy into it hook line and sinker. The World is full of suckers. They think a deal is how much someone comes off the asking price, not what they get for their money. Tesoro detectors are the best bang for the buck that I know of. If there is something that I'm missing please let me know, because I'm always looking for a great deal.

tabman

I think its silly that Tesoro doesn't provide a scuff plate with a new detector. They even mention its a good idea to get one.

tabman, Are all the parts of Tesoro made in China, but assembled in the uS?

Gunman64 said:
jld66 said:

If Kellyco pays for the freebies out of there own pocket then what's the problem?
that what i was thinking. im sure kellyco sell as many, if not more tesoros than all the other dealers. so what if they offer free stuff with theres at the same price as the others. told me tesoro does not let them. possibly their profit in not as great with tesoro than other brands.

Rainyday101 said:
One thing you never do is mention the pricing you got on a Tesoro on this or any forum. If a dealer gives it to below the fixed price and you post it, you will jeopardize his dealership.
I say tell as many as possible especially on the forums, any dealer not following the rules that Tesoro sets deserves to have their dealership pulled. For the record Tesoro does not allow any free items to be shipped with thier detectors. Although I am not active any longer I was an authorized Tesoro dealer.

I doubt Tesoro or any company sells enough detectors to feel comfortable enough to cut off their dealers. The local shop had to lay off staff and its pretty much down to 1 employee(the manager) and the two owners on and off, according to the manager. The gold/ treasure seeking rush is waning for the moment?

Why should Tesoro care if a dealer provides a free protective cover or cheap plastic tool for their very product at a loss to the dealer? Tesoro isn't losing any profit. Over bearing business practices loses customers. I don't think Tesoro wants disgruntled dealers bad mouthing their products either.