Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are the new R2 wireless phones gonna be easy to pair up?

Makro co. stated that the new wireless h.p.'s that are coming out are not compatible with the Racer 1 (Red Racer)-----just compatible with the Racer 2 & Gold Racer.

two Racer 2's and two Gold Racers over a span of four days and never had an issue with the headset pairing-up.

Monte

Monte said:
two Racer 2's and two Gold Racers over a span of four days and never had an issue with the headset pairing-up.

Monte

hey Monte, I'm ready to 'bite' on these....

but can you add some detailed insights as to how well they work compared to headphones...

ie, with the speed of the R2 and the 'blended' audio....does the wireless setup 'capture' the nuance and detail
of the complex sounds? with no 'slurring' or 'smearing' or delay?

I'm asking cause I've tried the Deteknix style Chineese 2.4G (NOT bluetooth) wireless and it works but is a big FAIL
when considering my questions....

cheers...

also Monte could you report on hours per charge for the headphones...

thanks....and don't forget my questions above please....

horikindaguy said:
hey Monte, I'm ready to 'bite' on these....

but can you add some detailed insights as to how well they work compared to headphones...
You have to remember the variables, such as some people have better hearing, or impaired hearing abilities with different headphones, or even just trying to rely on the internal speaker. The second, and more difficult, information to rely on is the particular headphone used. Too many variables there and during the past five plus decades I have checked out some headphones that were absolutely terrible!

So, to answer this question for you, let me just clarify that I am comparing the 2.4 Gig. wireless headphones with the three headphones I currently use with all my detectors. Those are the White's Pro-Star, Killer-B 'Hornet,' and older Killer-B 'Wasp' back-ups. These are pretty challenging headphones to compare the wireless set with.

horikindaguy said:
ie, with the speed of the R2 and the 'blended' audio....does the wireless setup 'capture' the nuance and detail
of the complex sounds? with no 'slurring' or 'smearing' or delay?
For me, I find these new headphones do a very good job of 'capturing' the desired audio responses I enjoy hearing with the Racer 2 as well as Gold Racer. None of the delay I have dealt with trying other brands of wireless headphones. According to the USAF employment hearting examiners at Hill Field AFB in Utah, I was told I was deaf back at the start of summer, 1982, and then each following summer for four years when I got a part-time job for summer hire for veterans. They told me I could not be hired as a full-time civilian because of my poor hearing and that I was deaf.

I can guarantee you that since that time, thirty-four years ago, my heating hasn't improved, and actually got worse from a fall off a ladder in June of 2010 that ruptured by right ear drum and healed, leaving scaring in the ear canal and ear drum. For that hearing loss the workers comp folks gave me a hearing aid or the option to have some surgeon try to make a new ear drum for me. Thanks to all this, my impaired hearing has long called for attention to headphone quality as well as comfort, and when it comes to a lighter-weight headphone, or especially a wireless design, I have found these new 2.4 Gig. headphones to be the best I have ever used.

horikindaguy said:
I'm asking cause I've tried the Deteknix style Chineese 2.4G (NOT bluetooth) wireless and it works but is a big FAIL when considering my questions....
I only tried one set briefly and I didn't feel they captured the audio responses as well as the Makro wireless.

horikindaguy said:
also Monte could you report on hours per charge for the headphones...
No, because I didn't keep track of the hours I have used them in the couple of months I have had them, but I know it is time to charge them up since they finally gave out on me towards the end of my evening search. I'll have to check that out in the future, but I know I don't have a complaint about the run-time.

Monte