Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are the Safari detectors.......

I believe they are . I know they are still selling them. I bought one when they first came out and it is an excellent machine . It is in my honest( opinion) a scaled down etrac with less bells an whistles. The same footprint . I never used an Etrac . I haven't used my Safari in quite a while. I had tennis elbow in both arms . I ended up buying an Equinox 800 in Nov. 2019. It is also an excellent machine and a whole lot lighter and better ( balanced) than the Safari (my opinion) There are a lot of Etrac users who sware by them. I know and I'm sure you know also that its all about getting to know the ins and outs of the machine that you use. I have several different brands of detectors and each one excels in different areas from the next. Some are deeper , some seperate iron better , some find smaller targets better, cherry pick better, Etc. You get the jist. Sorry for the rant , the best answer would come from someone who has used both machines and put in equal time on each. Having gotten to know them.

IMHO...though I have NEVER used a Safari...it is lacking two critical things. The FE/CO numbers, and the Smart Find screen. These two features are used HEAVILY when hunting deep coins in particular. IF you are going to hunt with TONE ONLY....I would think it would hang right with the other FBS machines, but personally I couldn’t go backward, knowing what I know about the Smart Find screen. Now....if it was a choice between a Safari and any other single freq machine for hunting silver? I would buy it hands down, it’s just what FBS does.

Del, I believe there is no drop off in performance. Where the Etrac excels is the target information and speed. If an you closed your eyes and listened to tone only, I doubt that you could tell the difference between the two. I like the interface of the Safari over all of the FBS detectors. Very user friendly and simple. For raw depth, I have found the Safari is as deep as any. For the record, I have had every FBS detector except for the 3030. The Safari is a great bargain, but does have one major flaw. It is a battery hog and if you get one and plan to keep it, buy a rechargeable battery and charger. I have seen used Safari's sell for 400-450. I think, if my old feeble mind remembers, I sold one for with the upgraded battery for 450.00.

Del, I believe there is no drop off in performance. Where the Etrac excels is the target information and speed. If an you closed your eyes and listened to tone only, I doubt that you could tell the difference between the two. I like the interface of the Safari over all of the FBS detectors. Very user friendly and simple. For raw depth, I have found the Safari is as deep as any. For the record, I have had every FBS detector except for the 3030. The Safari is a great bargain, but does have one major flaw. It is a battery hog and if you get one and plan to keep it, buy a rechargeable battery and charger. I have seen used Safari's sell for 400-450. I think, if my old feeble mind remembers, I sold one for with the upgraded battery for 450.00.

I bought a real nice second hand Safari and really like it. As said, it reads deep. I am a relic hunter and that is mostly the type of hunting that I do. I'll be honest and say that I haven't had the time put in with the Safari that I'd like, but the time I have spent with the Safari, I'm impressed. It is just a tad bit heavy after awhile, but you can always opt to get a smaller coil that would help lighten the weight a bit. Best of luck to you. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Safari. I picked mine up, a very nice used one with the battery charger for $ 500.00.

I used to detect with a chap on the beaches in north devon(england)......he had a safari with a large aftermarket coil on it..........he used to find loads of jewellry with the safari,it was a brillant machine on the beach.He also had a lot of success inland with the machine.......its a simple deep and effective detector that will find a lot of stuff,i dont think it would disappoint you.

I believe they are . I know they are still selling them. I bought one when they first came out and it is an excellent machine . It is in my honest( opinion) a scaled down etrac with less bells an whistles. The same footprint . I never used an Etrac . I haven't used my Safari in quite a while. I had tennis elbow in both arms . I ended up buying an Equinox 800 in Nov. 2019. It is also an excellent machine and a whole lot lighter and better ( balanced) than the Safari (my opinion) There are a lot of Etrac users who sware by them. I know and I'm sure you know also that its all about getting to know the ins and outs of the machine that you use. I have several different brands of detectors and each one excels in different areas from the next. Some are deeper , some seperate iron better , some find smaller targets better, cherry pick better, Etc. You get the jist. Sorry for the rant , the best answer would come from someone who has used both machines and put in equal time on each. Having gotten to know them.
I just bought a new one about 3 months ago . I'm in Oz so maybe you could still get one .