Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are there any dedicated gold hunter that use the F75ltd2 on here?

indy durtdigger

This summer I added ring hunting my regimen. So far I have dig hundreds of ring pulls, beaver tails, square tabs, and a surprising amount of nickels that weren't hitting anywhere near what they "should" have. My question is what ID number ranges are the most common? I started out digging anything 25 and up but the park I am hitting has never been hit by a ring hunter so the sheer number of targets it overwhelming. Thus I had to change my strategy and dig nickel signals and higher. What might I be missing by not digging the targets in the twenties?

indy durtdigger said:
This summer I added ring hunting my regimen. So far I have dig hundreds of ring pulls, beaver tails, square tabs, and a surprising amount of nickels that weren't hitting anywhere near what they "should" have. My question is what ID number ranges are the most common? I started out digging anything 25 and up but the park I am hitting has never been hit by a ring hunter so the sheer number of targets it overwhelming. Thus I had to change my strategy and dig nickel signals and higher. What might I be missing by not digging the targets in the twenties?

You would be missing smaller yellow gold rings and even larger white gold rings because alloys to make it white like nickel will lower the conductivity.
Nickel area gold is a pretty common find for me so far, a few were dead on nickels but most are a bit higher or lower than my common nickel 32-33.
Foil is a close second, looking for gold I rarely disc higher than 22 because I have found a few at 23 and especially 24.

The 14k plumb ring was tiny and came in as a 23-24 on my F70 and I have found a few more small ones at similar numbers.
The next two are almost identical in design with real diamonds but the white gold is 2 sizes bigger than the yellow gold and came in at 24 vs the yellow gold 32 smaller ring.
Below that is a lot of the other gold I have found, dug a few more since I put that pic together, and notice the amounts in each section.
Most of those numbers are for the F2 but my F70 is close and maybe only one number higher on most of them.

Also chains in both silver and gold can easily come in at a kinds of foil numbers.

There is only thing I can tell you that might help and keep in mind weird things happen out there so you really don't know what you are swinging over till you dig it.
That one thing is most foil I have dug is usually pretty jumpy and won't be exactly the same numbers from 90 degrees either.
Not all but most.
All the gold I have dug have not been jumpy, have been exactly the same numbers from 90 degrees most of the time or just one number off on a few that weren't.
These were all at 5" or less in depth...the deep stuff can well act different and don't forget about masking problems which might affect signals, too.

Ahh, thank you so much for that valuable information. It is going to take forever to "clean out" this one small area so my bum leg is just gonna have to suck it up. On the upside, the spot where the basketball court I have been working on is a very old for my area school play ground (1800's). I have already removed enough of the aluminum junk that I am finding some older coins that were masked when I check my plugs.

indy durtdigger said:
Ahh, thank you so much for that valuable information. It is going to take forever to "clean out" this one small area so my bum leg is just gonna have to suck it up. On the upside, the spot where the basketball court I have been working on is a very old for my area school play ground (1800's). I have already removed enough of the aluminum junk that I am finding some older coins that were masked when I check my plugs.

Ahhh...basketball sites, my favorite type of sites to hunt looking for jewelry.
The older and trashier the better.
I rarely dig everything anymore but this is one site that I usually do but over a long time and many, many trips because masking is a huge problem.
At first I cherry pick, I getting all the high tone targets out as much as I can, coins too because there are usually a lot of them, and I look for all solid signals and dig them no matter where they come in.
Eventually I take small areas and dug all signals, a lot of work but it becomes a labor of love because I have found more gold and silver jewelry around these than any other type if site I have ever hunted.
The same techniques work in very other sites with heavy trash but I usually only dig the more solid signals there...the higher percentage chances of finding jewelry around basketball and volleyball courts calls for a different mind set.
I have done well not digging everything, avoiding the jumpier trash at normal trashy park sites and found enough to not worry about missing anything because I don't dig it all even though I assume I might.
Don't care, I have been more than successful even though my threshold for digging trash has risen over the years.
But those court sites...those are special and below you see just some of the reasons why in the pic below.

"Those that do the work reap the rewards!"

Those pull tabs will test your patience, we have the same problem in the park we hunt. My two brothers(WV62 & MarkCZ5) worked this one area no bigger than a 10' square for 4 hour's clearing out pull tabs and other junk trying to get all the junk out of it,they did find one silver dime. They've got a lot more Patience's than I do. There's no easy method to get those rings, you just have to know your going to have to dig a lot of false targets and play the percentage game.