Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Arizona Geographics

au79

For those Prospectors who have never been to Arizona and for those who have but want another look:

[attachment 254554 IMG_1951.JPG]

On my drive out one evening I caught this landscape

[attachment 254555 IMG_1954.JPG]

A Quartz outcropping that is claimed

[attachment 254556 IMG_1962.JPG]

Iron Stone outcropping by Thunder Bolt Mine

[attachment 254557 IMG_1970.JPG]

More Iron Stone further down the ridge

[attachment 254558 IMG_1975.JPG]

Lower Turkey Creek and surrounding hills

[attachment 254559 IMG_1989.JPG]

Yavapai Schist in back ground with Iron Stone outcropping and drift tunnel in lower right corner

Hope this gives you all some inspiration to get out there! Happy hunting!

If you click on the image to view full size you will get a better resolution and color. When I resized for the posting they lost quite a bit. Thanks!

Those are beautiful photos. Where in Arizona were they taken? I am going to be at Quartzsite for the next two weeks. I will swing my metal detector but have never found gold there although a friend has. I did find a spent 50 cal bullet that must have been when the site was used by the military in WWII. The cactus says that the photo was taken in the southern part of Arizona.

Wish I was there not much gold here in Va. My 5000 wants to be there also. Thanks for the views.

Sure makes me wonder why I am still in Northern Oregon. Thanks Ray. It is nice to see someplace that is not wet. Marv

These photos were taken in central Az. Just SE of Cleator in the northern Bradshaw Mnts. - Stay tuned as I will be posting more to this thread. A limit of 6 to a post but I have more. Need some time to resize as this site only allows very small files. Yes, I am finding some gold in this rugged area. This evening I will get some more posted.

Thre were lode gold mines in Virginia and Maryland in the 1800's and earlier from what I have read in history books.Central part of Virginia I think.Do your research..

-Tom V.

More photos from the northern Bradshaws:
[attachment 254694 IMG_1945copy.JPG]
another Iron Stone outcropping
[attachment 254695 IMG_1955copy.JPG]
A closer look at that quartz outcropping
[attachment 254696 IMG_1965copy.JPG]
The road into my stomping grounds
[attachment 254697 IMG_1959copy.JPG]
A tunnel along side the access road
[attachment 254698 IMG_1956copy.JPG]
A birds eye view of my stomping grounds
[attachment 254699 IMG_1968copy.JPG]
A closer view of the Iron Stone uplift by Thunder Bolt Mine

Hope you all enjoy. In the "bird's eye view" photo you are looking at BLM land. You can go anywhere you chose and there are many access jeep trails.

So anyone visiting the area please use due diligence. It is your responsibility to know you are on a claim, not the claim owners responsibility to tell you.

Very nice photos thanks for posting!

Steve Herschbach

Nice photos, Ray. Thanks for putting them up. I just moved my family down to Yavapai County after 32 years in Alaska. We've been having a great time working the washes in the Bradshaws and Congress area.
Morgan
Prescott

We also just moved to the southern section of the Bradshaw Mountains (New River AZ) about a 18 months ago from Reading Pa and those pictures are on the money as i am out there everyday riding the trails and enjoying the sights (Still haven't found any gold but the fun is in trying)
Joe
Seldom seen snow in New River and Prospecting a wash on a GPAA claim near Tip Top (much of that is Quartz)

Thanks everyone! Yes, Steve is right......again. The 1872 mining laws give us passage across claims but, for me, I wouldn't so much as stick a shovel into the ground while on someones claim. It is very important to take time to locate the claim stakes and, also, to find the stake which has the "Notice of Location" which gives the info about how the claim is shaped and what directions the boundaries run in. The "Notice of Location" will also give contact info for the claimant. You can go anywhere on BLM land but you have to be aware that BLM land has many claims staked on them. To be able to travel great distances across the land out here in Az. is a right that I have learned to love and respect. As free as a bird but look before you dig or beep. Stay tuned, I'll be posting more in the next few days. Also, I have found if you want to find some gold on unclaimed land it takes hard work which means going beyond the "easy access" places. This requires putting your quad over some very rough, long and brush choked trails and then hiking from 1 - 2 hours into the more remote areas. Like Joe Z said, "part of the fun is in just trying". Every day is an adventure. The gold rush is still happening!