Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Arizona Noob

veprjack

Greetings from Northeast Arizona! Haven't even bought a detector yet, but I'm here to learn and then choose.

When you make your decision please get on the phone and talk to a couple dealers. We have some very good dealers who sponsor this forum. IO will admit that I am biased towards Richard at Backwoods Detectors. If Richard tells you something you can take to the bank. I have not only done business with him but have met him personally. A Fine GENTLEMAN. Juist wish I lived close enough to go detecting with him. Our sponsors will advise you and will also treat you very fairly. It will shock you the difference than buying on line where they are all required to list at the same plrice.

When you make your decision please get on the phone and talk to a couple dealers. We have some very good dealers who sponsor this forum. IO will admit that I am biased towards Richard at Backwoods Detectors. If Richard tells you something you can take to the bank. I have not only done business with him but have met him personally. A Fine GENTLEMAN. Juist wish I lived close enough to go detecting with him. Our sponsors will advise you and will also treat you very fairly. It will shock you the difference than buying on line where they are all required to list at the same plrice.

Hey George,

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Right now I'm leaning towards the
Fisher F22 Weatherproof Metal Detector with Submersible Search Coil
At first I thought about going cheap, in case I didn't like the hobby, and was looking at
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
The old adage, Buy once Cry once may apply here. I'm sure the Bounty Hunter is fine, but some of the features and lighter weight of the Fisher might be a better choice for me.

I'll take your advice when I'm ready to buy, and check out Backwoods. I'll tell Richard you recommended him.

Take care,
Jack
P.S. I'm just starting to melt/pour metals, and mold them into coins and bars. My "pourl name" is Cactus Jack SWAg

If you live near a salt water beach make sure that the detector is designed to handle the mineralization that is in the sand.

Thanks George,

Ironically, I moved from New England to AZ, so not a problem any more. We do have lakes though.

I emailed Richard, and look forward to hearing from him. I'm pretty sure that I will purchase from him. My dad was put out of business by the big chains, so I support small businesses whenever possible.