Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Arm rest padding material

moseng

Can't seem to find anything about what materials people use to pad the arm rest. I am looking for something "rubberish" that will be comfortable, not look too shabby, and hold up to the elements. I suppose this could be for any detector but my use would be for the E-trac. Any ideas, or threads I might look at ?

Thanks.

Ok, I did find this one below which is kinda cool, but any others? http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,828752

I think I recall someone saying / writing about an aftermarket arm rest fo the Explorer / E-Trac?

Mouse pad rubber is my Post, just pull the fabric off, and stick it on after cut to size with contact cement= works great, and very cheap, looks good too. :detecting:

Bugar In. USA said:
Mouse pad rubber is my Post, just pull the fabric off, and stick it on after cut to size with contact cement= works great, and very cheap, looks good too. :detecting:

Yep, very cool, thanks! I work in I.T. so I have virtually unlimited access to a variety of mouse pads! Maybe you'll see me around. Just look for the person swinging the DELL! :detecting:

Another idea that I've used for mine labs is wet suit foam. Nylon on one side rubber on the other. For the minelabs such as the soverign trace the one you have. add two pieces to slide over the ears on the armrest sew along the sides. If you like you can add two layers inside the cuff either to tighten it up a little or give more cushion. The two dive shops I've gotten mine from were happy to give me pieces NO CHARGE.

yep! wetsuit neoprene is a winner, tried mouse mats and ended up with a sticky arm, im in the sea so needs to last. i used velcro to make tags that hold it in place around the back of the cup, otherwise you end up with a saggy bit that doesnt touch the cup like on the sov elite. now i use a sov elite armcup with its own neoprene cover, but they are expensive!!! in the uk over