Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Arm rest straps

diggin4relics

There isn't a dealer anywhere close to me. Does anybody know a store where I can buy something to use for a arm rest strap?

Mike

Or kellyco...........I have seen a few get them from the Fabric shops..Not the same but worked ok...

This is just my opinion for what it's worth. I think every metal detector manufacturer that makes a slotted arm rest should provide an arm rest strap with them. As much as we pay for these detectors, that's not too much to ask. At least White's does include a strap with every detector. After all a strap only sells for about 3-$5.00. I'll stop my ranting now but I think it should be done.

Mike

Isn't it funny how the least little thing can set us off....I know things set me off.... You can go to a fabric store, and buy a little velcro strap that glues on or goes thru the slot...... I remember when I got my first Explorer, "man" was I ticked about the little uncomfortable strap Minelab supplied.. I like you was used to Whites Detectors..............I think it just depends on what you use first.....then your kinda stuck comparing them to all else...

Diggin4relics I agree with you. I used it all the time with my xlt. I had one come with my Tesoro and never used it but it was there. I am going to pick up a new detector in a week or so and a new arm strap is on my list of things to get there. And while we are at it I think they should provide a Fisher sticker to cover the speaker holes also. The Edge has the speaker on top and I can see that sand will get in there so easy. Tesoro gives you a bumper sticker, maybe Fisher could give a Fisher speaker sticker. Ah, boy that felt good.......Z

I guess I look at it like this. When you buy a new detector that happens to have a slotted arm rest, the manufacturer should supply a arm rest strap to make it a complete unit. Then if you want additional accessories, buy them. I know they make money on accessories and I understand that. I just think when you come out with a new detector with slotted arm rests it just makes good sense to include the strap with it, to make it a complete unit. I was told before that it was a gesture of appreciation for a customer willing to buy a new detector. I've probably said too much about this so I will shut up now.