Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ARNOLDSVILLE, MISSOURI

Erin S

I am looking for Arnoldsville, Missouri. My 3rd great grandfather settled it and it was said to have been a ghost town by 1900. It is supposed to be 15 miles south of St. Joseph and 4 miles from (east/west unknown) the Platte River. Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated as my dad would like to see it and he is currently 90 years old.

http://www.satelliteviews.net/cgi-bin/g.cgi?fid=746556&state=MO&ftype=school Found Arnoldville school. Looks to be in the area you are looking for. Hope this helps. Good luck!

My suggestion is that you go to you
LARGER libraries in the area. Contact
the reference librarian. They can help you.
They have tonns of info buried away.
Once you nail that down go to the county
court house the town is located in and
see if there are any platt maps.
Good luck.
Robt

Arnoldsville

Populated Place in Buchanan County, Missouri, USA.

Call the St Joseph Public Library and ask for reference room.
Looks like it was NE of Dearborn on Hwy 116.

Call 816 232-7729

Do you live in St Joe MO? If so go to the library
and ask for the old Platt maps of that area. They will be able to dig this up
for you.

ALSO call Dearborn library
Dearborn Branch
206 Maple Leaf Ave.
Dearborn, MO 64439
Phone: 816.450.3502
Mon 9-9, Tue - Fri 9-6, Sat 9-5

PM me and let me know how this works out for you.
Robt2300

BTW http://statehistoricalsocietyofmissouri.org/cdm/search
You can do an online search here.
NOW YOU GOT ME INTERESTED!!!!!!!
Robt

On a map I have Arnoldsville is 4 miles west of the Platte R. In section 32, Jackson township. It is approx. 5 3/4 mile north of Camden Point. This is off a 1874 map of MO. Hope this helps Mark

I know this is an old post but did you ever locate Arnoldsville?

There is nothing there but a single house and farm.

I have permission to detect from the owner of one of the 4 corners and was going to try to get permission from the others.